FS: The ULTIMATE RHINO!!! LOOK!! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino's & Rhino Parts For Sale List Yamaha Rhino's or Yamaha Rhino parts for sale in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

FS: The ULTIMATE RHINO!!! LOOK!!

2006 Yamaha Rhino Special Edition

Exterior/Interior mods:
>Plastics painted flat black with Krylon Fusion....looks awesome!
>Maier fender flares
>08' special edition "rhino" emblems....not installed yet. These are emblems, not stickers!
>Sport Edition front bumper
>WARN 4.0ci winch
>HID headlight kit for factory lights
>(2) 7" Offroad HID lights mounted on cage-SUPER BRIGHT!!
>Custom 2-seat cage with aluminum roof....awesome quality!!! Mild steel .095
>Custom Bed Delete kit....retains bed sides, but NO tailgate
>Sunpro Oil pressure/Volts/Water Temp guages
>2" Highlifter Lift Kit
>28" ITP Mudlite XL's on Black SS108's with 2+5 offset (wide) ALL 4 CORNERS!!
>1.5" wheel spacers on rear
>Aluminum Front and Rear Skid plates
>Front and Rear CV guards...thick steel, dont recall brand
>Rear Differential Support Bracket
>Sport Edition 3-spoke steering wheel
>Belt intake snorkled.....need to finish Belt exhaust.
>custom battery tray with 2nd battery
>Custom all aluminum fuel tank under drivers seat....using transfer pump hooked to stock Rhino fuel tank. Holds a total of almost 11 gallons!!

I also have the OEM aluminum Special Edition wheels with 95% new ITP Mudlite XTR's 26x9x12 and 26x11x12 that are included for spares.

>@ 263 miles/63 hours, 660 engine/transmission removed
>NEW 07' Can-Am Outlander 800 purchased and all needed engine/drivetrain components swapped
>NEW Dalton Clutch kit installed
>NEW Dynojet Power Commander installed with Big Gun EVO map.
>HMF Slip-on exhaust installed, freshly re-packed.....will be switching out thiis week for a Flowmaster Hushpower to try and quiet things down a bit!
>Ugraded chromoly Desert DOG THRU-SHAFT

This new engine swap has LESS THAN 20 HOURS!!! I will check the exact mileage and hours. It runs and drives EXCELLENT!!

I am using the stock outlander speedometer....works great and looks great where its mounted.

This swap has the "Desert Dog Offroad" mounts, header, shift linkage, driveshafts, etc. All swapping and wiring done by myself.

ALL 4x4 works just like a stock Rhino

This thing is a total BEAST!!! I just installed the big tires and a friend with a new 700 Rhino tried to race me.......NO CONTEST! Thats pretty tall feat for a rhino with 28" tires!! With stock wheels and tires.....it requires 4wd to keep it under SOME control! I installed the big tires obviously for better clearance and mudding ability, but also to slow it down a bit!! On the 26" XTR's with 2 people in the machine it WILL pull the front tires off the ground from a dead stop in LOW range!!!

For those wondering.....according to the outlander Speedometer I have done the following speeds WITHOUT hitting the rev limiter:

Stock 25" tires: 69mph
26" Mudlite XTR's: 63mph

I havent tried to top it out with the big tires yet as my belt started making some noise, so I elected to park it and buy a new one before I sell it. I have already contacted GreenHead about a belt, so I will have that taken care of soon.

This machine is very special to me.....its the only one around my area, and I have poured a TON of money, blood, and sweat into it. It has all the things people love about the tried and true Rhino, but the 62HP V-Twin EFI engine between the seats that everyone always wanted!! It will be a monster mudder if someone were to put a nice CATVOS lift or soemthing on it with some 32" tires!!

I am selling because....well I am possibly moving soon, but really because a close friend was seriously injured on a new rhino-owner's rhino this past weekend. They apparently were trying to do a donut on this guy's used 08 rhino and rolled it onto the passenger side. Somehow my friend got his leg up over the door and under the cage bar as it rolled, and it broke both bones and tore all the flesh/muscle and he almost lost his foot/leg just below the knee! He is going to be in the hospital for a long time and has a lot of surgeries ahead and wont be riding for a long time....if ever. I just cant find the enjoyment in riding like I did before knowing my good friend and riding partner is laid up from a rhino injury. So I am officially out of the game. I will be installing the new belt, cleaning my rhino up and I am through with it all together. I do realize this was a result of this other guy's driving....and I have never wrecked any of my ATV's or SXS's, but this guy is one of the first members of our small group, and its just not the same without him.

I will be including many miscellaneous parts.....stock thru-shaft, heat shields, little this and thats. I have a lot of extra crap laying around that I will be throwing in the vehicle of whoever buys this machine!!

Anyone who dealt with me during the parting out of both my rhino and the outlander knows I am a stand-up guy. I have almost 300 positive feedback on ebay and I am a verified paypal member with many feedback on there as well.

I am looking for $13000 cash FIRM. This is a steal with all the parts that come with it. I DO have a lien on it at the local credit union. Bring cash and we will walk in and get the title then and there. Bring a cashier's check and its a 10 buisness day wait.....your choice.

I am located in Mattoon, IL 61938 Anyone interested should call me...NO PM's please! If you are serious about buying it you will call me and we can discuss anything you want. 217-259-4417 and no calls after 9pm.....got 2 kids!

Pics will be up as soon as I get to the rhino. I dont have any new ones with it clean....only the old ones with the stock cage and smaller tires. But the will be up BY wednesday at the latest.

Thanks!
frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 03:17 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

I am so sorry to read about your friend, He is in my prayers! I will be looking for the pitures.

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports

Last edited by Hapa; 07-28-2008 at 03:34 PM.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
I am so sorry to read about your friend, He is on my prayers! I will be looking for the pitures.
Thanks Hapa. He has already had his 2nd surgery just to clean the wound out.....and they are saying he will be able to keep everything, but they dont know how much use he will have with that foot....or if he will even be able to walk on it again. Apparently he lost over 3 inches of bone....some shattered, and some out at the crash site. So they have a lot of work to do to fill the gap of both leg bones! They told him they could amputate below the knee and have him walking on a prosthetic limb in a couple months....or he could try and hang on to his own parts and hope with a lot of surgery and therapy to regain some use of it again. He....like I would have, elected to keep what was there and try to work with it.

About the pics.....I am hauling it to get the new exhaust tomorrow evening, so I will try and snap some then. Its still dirty....and I didnt wanna make a bad first impression, but I will get some on here so everyone gets the general idea of whats for sale!

frank

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Is my price really too high?? Or is it my location???
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Location makes it tougher but doable. I am two months out on my next project so you got me early.

Pictures are the number one thing that sells a Rhino, then the write up on excessories. Some peeps wont read it unless it has pics that look bitchen and get there attention. my two cents.

Keep asking it bumps the thread, also whats your compition. i saw a 06 Rhino with a turbo, that blew a rod for like 5k as is? It might of had long travel also.

Do the math
used stock Rhino ---------------$4500
Rotax motor/quad price could be $7500
Rotax install--------------------$2500

so to get a basic Rotax Rhino yourself your low end would be 14,500.00
Makes your Rhino a really good price especially with the extra you are including!

Benchmark Performance 760-484-0986
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
BYC Motorsports
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Wide F'n Open

I'm Sure it your location try and get a shipping quote so people know the total price and lots of pics. Good luck I can't wait to see more pics of your beast.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

OK< got some pics.....but it was pouring all eveing, so I coudlnt clean it at all!! Sorry guys, but heres some dirty pics!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0228.jpg (84.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0231.jpg (75.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0223.jpg (79.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0227.jpg (62.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0236.jpg (95.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0237.jpg (79.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0238.jpg (80.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0240.jpg (81.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG0230.jpg (82.8 KB, 37 views)
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Founding Ninja

Sorry to hear about your friend, I will also keep him in my prayers. Did that rhino have the stock yamaha doors on ? if so I think im may be looking at full aftermarket doors for my rhino. I think the price you are asking is very reasonable and you should be able to sell it without a problem.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper522 View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend, I will also keep him in my prayers. Did that rhino have the stock yamaha doors on ? if so I think im may be looking at full aftermarket doors for my rhino. I think the price you are asking is very reasonable and you should be able to sell it without a problem.
Thanks for the kind words trooper.

I dont have the doors yet......I told them to order them for me, but after looking I see that where my cage side bars are, they arent going to clear the factory doors at the top/front area. I may have to trim them a bit if possible.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Founding Ninja

Sponsored Links
Advertisement