Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

What do you prefer your cage is made of? 1 1/2", 1 3/4", DOM, Mild, or chrome molly?

What Material SHould your CAge be made of?

9K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  Hapa 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you prefer your cage is made of? 1 1/2", 1 3/4", DOM, Mild, or chrome molly?

YOU CAN VOTE MORE THAN ONCE!!! VOTE ON THE MATERIAL AND SIZE

#4 ·
Did i see a pic of you in the june/july UTV off-road mag? there was a bunch of racer wanna be muddy azz fuckers in the back at Saboba, and i thought I saw you lol

for real what is the best material?? SDR uses the 1 3/4th I think? for their cages.

#18 ·
I will get slammed for this....But if i were doing another cage it would be 1.75 chromo .083 main tubes, 1.5 cross tubes in .065 and then all the small braces and such as the A in the window 1.0 in .065 or smaller. I would be looking for light weight. Durability would not be my main key points. If i roll it I'd build another. That should hold up in any normal circumstances. Weight is horsepower and my rig and my ass needs to be 300 pounds lighter than it is.

#24 ·
Thanks guys I am taking this all in!! This info will be put directly into the roll cage on my Prowler!!!

Just changed directions on my builds on Prestige. told Mike I want the Prowler done if possible first he he

My Hapa Rhino has officially gone out to stud, Only chicks ride it anymore is the word.
my 7 yr old told me I need to leave Mommy's Rhino alone a quit making her mad. wtf i have a Rhino sitting there that will kick azz, the best and fastest it has ever been built and i cant drive it.

#27 ·
If you do race there are rules that you will have to fallow. Crome is the only way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.