Truth about Rhino - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Safety Discussions Yamaha Rhino safety discussions.
Cages, armor, seating, belts, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Truth about Rhino

We’re pleased to announce to you that Yamaha has launched a new Web site at Truth About Rhino.
This site should be a valuable resource in supporting the Rhino brand, our business and your business, and we
strongly encourage you to take a look and show your support by submitting a message on the “Rally Around
the Rhino” page or email us at [email protected]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Truthaboutrhino[1].jpg (98.7 KB, 24 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Wide F'n Open

on it. save the RHINO!!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Pr3m1um M3mb3r

just ammo to try to get out of lawsuits,after they admitted fault

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Wide F'n Open

I must be out of the loop. I wasn't aware they admitted to being at fault. Did Yamaha go public, and say they produced a defective machine? I missed something.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Rhino has taken the sh*ty end of the stick over and over on law suits. I think this is a way for Yamaha to show that the people that actually use these things understand fully the danger in off road. It amazes me that people can't take responsibility for their own actions. Just like growing up racing as soon as some kid got hurt all the soccer moms in the world jumped on it and banned every motocross track they could. It is not Yamaha that drinks and rolls Rhinos. (This is my personal opinion and in no way is meant to belittle soccer or mom's)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:12 PM
1/2 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by predu View Post
just ammo to try to get out of lawsuits,after they admitted fault
Whoa.....wow...I must have missed that "admittal" as well - how do you figure Yamaha ever admitted any fault?? And they SHOULDN'T! There is nothing defective or wrong with the Rhino - the problem is the dumba$$es that drive over/beyond their ability, drive drunk, are underrage (and shame on the parents!!!), don't wear helmets, or don't wear seatbelts! It doesn't take a genius IQ to know when something is your fault...unfortunately, with lawyers whispering in people's ears how it's NOT their fault - it's the evil machine's fault.....Yamaha has to do all they can to talk some sense into the general consumer population!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONFIRERACING View Post
Rhino has taken the sh*ty end of the stick over and over on law suits. I think this is a way for Yamaha to show that the people that actually use these things understand fully the danger in off road. It amazes me that people can't take responsibility for their own actions. Just like growing up racing as soon as some kid got hurt all the soccer moms in the world jumped on it and banned every motocross track they could. It is not Yamaha that drinks and rolls Rhinos. (This is my personal opinion and in no way is meant to belittle soccer or mom's)
This is what happened to Saddleback Park in Orange, Ca. Since this was a private track, they didn't have the money to fight big law suits.
And the Honda 3 wheelers. ( From the videos I saw of people getting hurt, they were riding with no helmets and no gear and looked drunk!) Just my 2 cents!

the OG NINJET
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

Most of the time something is threatening places to ride or equipment to ride, most of us don't lift a finger it's just the sad truth. I was the same way until I lived in Hawaii. They had this ship called "Super Ferry" that was supposed to transport cars and people between islands. The ship would have ruined that reef/waves along there and over crowd Maui beaches. I lived in Maui and watched 100's of suffers paddle out and block the ship from entering the harbor. The state of Hawaii decided to put the ship back into review until all concerns were met. It just goes to show that you can make a change if people actually make the choice to do something about it. I now take stuff like this with real consideration.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Pr3m1um M3mb3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450grl View Post
Whoa.....wow...I must have missed that "admittal" as well - how do you figure Yamaha ever admitted any fault?? And they SHOULDN'T! There is nothing defective or wrong with the Rhino - the problem is the dumba$ that drive over/beyond their ability, drive drunk, are underrage (and shame on the parents!!!), don't wear helmets, or don't wear seatbelts! It doesn't take a genius IQ to know when something is your fault...unfortunately, with lawyers whispering in people's ears how it's NOT their fault - it's the evil machine's fault.....Yamaha has to do all they can to talk some sense into the general consumer population!
I have a rhino and love it. if i roll or crash it it is my fault. just like an atv nobody sues when the flip their quad.. yamaha did studies and found at 18mph doing a j turn a rhino has a very high tendency to roll, most of the tests it did roll.Due to the lawsuits they looked into it and also found legs will fall out.since there is a cage and seatbelts THEY accepted resposibility.thats why they added doors and a handle,then spacers and sway bar removal. I am no way againt yamaha or rhino or any other sxs.these are just the facts. the big killer for yamaha was a dealer survelance video showing an employee doing less than 10mph bringing in a rhino at closing time. he was pulling it in to park it (not drunk or screwing around) and it rolled on its side and broke his leg.Yamaha setteled very quickly for a undisclosed amount and not much has ever been heard of it since. That is why yamaha is druming up support from people who love them so they can say HEY LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO SAY THE SAME THING PEOPLE MUST BE RECKLESS OR DRUNK that way the amount they pay out will be less.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 12:02 AM
1/2 Throttle

10 mph? Not screwing around? Just flopped over on top of him? Sorry, we own a shop and pull Rhinos in day in and day out - have done this for years without a single incident - I have to call BS and assume there is more to that story than what's being told....which is typical of most of the lawsuits being filed.

As much time as I have (as most of us have) behind the wheel of a Rhino, it's experience that tells us all pretty much the same thing.....there is nothing wrong with the Rhino as it was created. The fault lies in how it is operated. I believe that what Yamaha has done/has had to do as a result of excessive and rediculous litigation is not a reaction to the original design - but more of a reaction to the fingers that have been pointed at them (and thus, in the WRONG direction).

For example...Huffy makes a two-wheeled machine, called a bicycle. It's designed to be ridden by balancing on two wheels and moving at anything greater than a slow crawl. Huffy also suggests wearing a helmet, for added safety. Sue Happy comes along, decides to try to ride it at LESS than a slow crawl - and because it's not being ridden in the manner it was intended, Sue Happy dumps it over....and hits her head. Which gives her a concussion, because Sue Happy also decided she didn't want to wear a helmet (might mess up her hair!) She also spilled her beer when she fell......

Sue Happy decides to make a big fuss, because the big mean bike is unsafe and dumped her on the ground. She talks to lawyers....and other people like Ira Sponsible, who also managed to dump his Huffy over and spill his beer. They want to come up with a reason for why they wound up on the ground, other than the fact that they weren't riding the Huffy the right way. Their lawyers and a bunch of experts determine that the bike is designed wrong. It should have MORE than two wheels, to make it safer! So, soon....all Huffy bicycles were being made with two more little wheels, attached to the back wheel.....so....now, when Sue Happy rides it holding one beer in her hand, at a snails pace (not how a bicycle should be ridden of course)...she feels much safer with her training wheels and can go slow without hurting hersef. Unfortunately, her training wheels didn't help her any when she forgot to look both ways before crossing the street. Probably Huffy's fault, too......

That was long, but see my point?? Nothing wrong with the Rhino - from the get go. What was wrong was how people were / are driving it. The whole thing is a waste of time, money, and energy that could be spent on buildng something REALLY awesome for us consumers who can actually DRIVE something the way it was intended!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement