Need help installing front axel - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Enjoying my Rhino

Need help installing front axel

Squeak...squeak.....squeeeeeak.....

As I tried to diagnosed out my nasty squeak problem on my front suspension...or should a say screeeach problem, I removed my front passenger upper A arm, and accidentaly lowered the jack causing the axle to pop off the spindle. Now I can't figure out how to install the axle back into place. I need your help on how to install it back.

As for the squeak problem...well..... I lubed the front suspension with KY jelly and now the squeak problem is gone but now the suspension make a moaning sound

Last edited by BrownSkidMarks; 08-20-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Founding Ninja

Hah! Sounds like you've gotten a lot closer to your rhino than most of us.

As for the axle, it should just slide right into the spindle. I know there's a o-ring somewhere in there too....so be careful not to loose it or install it incorrectly. After you have it in place, you should be able to use the axle nut to help pull the axle fully through the spindle. As you tighten the nut, the axle will pull through. Hopes this help.

Oh yeah, take it easy on the KY
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Enjoying my Rhino

hmmm.. I didn't remove the axle nut. I belive i broke it completely. Do I need to remove boot cover. I can feel some type of rotating mechanism inside the boot but Im not able to slide the axle in there. Do I need to remove the axle nut on the front spindle? do anyone have any pictures of the front axle install?

Sorry but I'm not very familiar with all the proper name of the components. I am very good and taking stuff apart, but putting back together is a problem for me.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Wreckin' Shop

It sounds to me like your axle poped out of the CV. I would remove the boot and take a look. It should pop right back in though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Wreckin' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSkidMarks View Post
Squeak...squeak.....squeeeeeak.....

As for the squeak problem...well..... I lubed the front suspension with KY jelly and now the squeak problem is gone but now the suspension make a moaning sound
Hah......I didnt read the whole post......sounds to me like you have it all rubbed out eerrr...I mean all worked out...errr I mean its quiet now...Now you just have to re stab the shaft

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Wide F'n Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSkidMarks View Post
hmmm.. I didn't remove the axle nut. I belive i broke it completely. Do I need to remove boot cover. I can feel some type of rotating mechanism inside the boot but Im not able to slide the axle in there. Do I need to remove the axle nut on the front spindle? do anyone have any pictures of the front axle install?

Sorry but I'm not very familiar with all the proper name of the components. I am very good and taking stuff apart, but putting back together is a problem for me.
oksorry about the spelling

you pulled the cv off the axil (that ok) now you need to pull the nut off and remove the cv...now get a dead blow or rubber mailet and knok the cv back onto the axel

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
oksorry about the spelling

you pulled the cv off the axil (that ok) now you need to pull the nut off and remove the cv...now get a dead blow or rubber mailet and knok the cv back onto the axel

just take the a- arm off the top (remove shock) take off tie rod, it should give you enough room to stab it back together, no need to take the stub out of the spindle.

Are ya sure it is not the front wheels bearings??

Rog

Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Enjoying my Rhino

Rog that's exactly what I did when i was trying to remove the Hemi joint (upper A-Arm) on the front passanger side. I had the rhino jacked up and i accidentaly lowered the jack down too fast and the axle slid off. I tried to slide in back into place but was not able to.

I can't slide the axle off the boot.

Do i need to remove the boot?

Turbo, BiggJim, 07FJ, There is nothing on the end of the shaft toward the spindle. Is this normal?

Oh and by the way the hemi joint on the Upper A Arm was frozen. I couldn't rotate the inner ball with my finger. I will check the driver side tonight. Tie rod hemi joints felt a bit rough while i rotated it with my fingers.
Spoke with the suspension manufacture and he sent over 4 new Hemi joints today!!!!

Last edited by BrownSkidMarks; 08-20-2008 at 04:59 PM.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Wide F'n Open

Have a look here, shows you what you have. Maybe it will help.

http://partsfinder.ridenow.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

SDR Rocks
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Wide F'n Open

did the axle pull out of the front diff?

SDR Rocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement