New Here, Got some sqeaks! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

New Here, Got some sqeaks!

Hows it going guys! I'm Ryan and I'm a brand new Rhino owner and took my beast out last weekend...only to find that starting the trip our HCR LT kit was silent as the grave...and after my father beat on it over some whoops, its sqeakier than hell...here's a video to show the sound, its towards the end...

So I've concluded that the sound is coming from where the LCA's and UCA's connect to the frame...would it be safe to just lube them up with grease/wd-40?

Thanks guys!

-Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:08 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Hmm well first off, welcome to THE rhino site

Little hard to hear with the wind, however, I wonder if you just have some dirt in the bushing which is causing the problem.

I would think some lube may help, but I am going to leave it to the pros to answer.

ShootersRealm.com --> www.shootersrealm.com
CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

^it was dustier than I've normally seen, so I'm guessing thats it...I'll go pick up some wd-40 and blast the he!! out of it tommorow lol...thanks dieselpowered!

-Ryan
2008 700cc Rhino

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/Ryboxl/HCRlogo2.png
*HCR Long Travel Kit
*Fox Shocks w/ Eibach springs (250F, 350R)
*HCR Upgraded Spindles
*ITP SS108 Black Wheels
*Maxxis Bighorn Tires
*Fusion Offroad 4 Seat Cage
*PRP Front/Rear seats and 4 Point Harnesses
*HCR Front/ Rear Lower Skid Plates
*HCR Front Bumper Grille (Slanted)
*HCR Dash Trim Kit
*Summer Brother's Extended Axles

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:15 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Maybe before you do anything, let a few more people respond to you, there is a TON of knowledge here, so you may get some other suggestions.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Enjoying my Rhino

Shower all the moving parts on the LT Kit with lubricant, if it has the zirk fitting in the A arms try to grease them up. If the squeaks become louder they are coming from the upper A arms hemi joints. You'll need to call the LT company and have them resend you new A arms hemi joints. I had that problem in a huge way!

Nice ride!!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Maybe before you do anything, let a few more people respond to you, there is a TON of knowledge here, so you may get some other suggestions.
Lol very true...I'm glad I found this forum, been a memeber over at planet sidexside and even getting a response is a god send lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSkidMarks View Post
Shower all the moving parts on the LT Kit with lubricant, if it has the zirk fitting in the A arms try to grease them up. If the squeaks become louder they are coming from the upper A arms hemi joints. You'll need to call the LT company and have them resend you new A arms hemi joints. I had that problem in a huge way!

Nice ride!!
Thanks BSM, I just emailed the owner (personal friend and soon to be boss) and I'm awaiting his response =)

Thanks bud! I'll do a search and see if I can find your Rhino on here

-Ryan
2008 700cc Rhino

*HCR Long Travel Kit
*HCR Upgraded Spindles
*ITP SS108 Black Wheels
*Maxxis Bighorn Tires
*HCR Dash Trim Kit
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 AM
CommanderTalk.com

LOL I am sometimes amazed how quickly members here respond to other's posts. We are very fortunate to have the members we have, they spend a lot of time here helping others out

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:37 AM
Enjoying my Rhino

Here a video of mine....warning turn down your speaker volume

Culprit was the hemi joints on the upper A Arms... after we replaced them it squeaks gone. I only had 2 days of ride on them.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
3/4 Throttle

^Its great...I'm a member at a whole handfull of forums...here's my other hobby =D

-Ryan
2008 700cc Rhino

*HCR Long Travel Kit
*HCR Upgraded Spindles
*ITP SS108 Black Wheels
*Maxxis Bighorn Tires
*HCR Dash Trim Kit
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Yikes, sound like the bed at a no tell motel!

So heims were the culprit, interesting.

The Titan, a nice rig indeed, my buddy has one, really nice!

I am liking that charcoal grey you have

Sponsored Links
Advertisement