Sdr lt - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Sdr lt

I'm thinking of turning the "family crusier" into a "family duner".. I've looked at many different kits & most look good.One kit that has caught my eye is the SDR lt kit looks good & is fair priced. I also Met Tim @ SSSS & is a pretty cool guy answered all my questions & didn't ACT like he was too busy to give me his time....,But my question is anyone here actually using this kit or know someone with the kit or have driven sxs with this kit. Chime in.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Founding Ninja

We have the kit. We have tested shocks for SDR's kit and raced at BITD Vegas to Reno this year. Great kit, easy to install, geometry is correct and no bumpsteer. As well the AFCO's work like they were made for this kit.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 12:08 AM
3/4 Throttle

Tim is an awesome guy and their kits are very well built...he'll bend over backwards to help you out to man. Hope you have fun with your purchases too though!

-Ryan
2008 700cc Rhino

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/Ryboxl/HCRlogo2.png
*HCR Long Travel Kit
*Fox Shocks w/ Eibach springs (250F, 350R)
*HCR Upgraded Spindles
*ITP SS108 Black Wheels
*Maxxis Bighorn Tires
*Fusion Offroad 4 Seat Cage
*PRP Front/Rear seats and 4 Point Harnesses
*HCR Front/ Rear Lower Skid Plates
*HCR Front Bumper Grille (Slanted)
*HCR Dash Trim Kit
*Summer Brother's Extended Axles

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

sdr's kit is what used to be mason offroad.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

I have been thinking about a new Rhino and I was looking into putting the SDR Kit on it....

There was a guy name Tony (Rock Skullz) that was on the forums a few years back. He has had the kit longer than anybody that I know of... I sent him an email about a month ago to see how the kits is working out. He still loves the kit. No problems at all. He is happy with his choice. He has had the kit for about 2 years. I think it is a great kit. Tim is a great guy and he will take care of you. I think it is a good choice.

2006 Rhino 660
BRP Stage 2 CDI
UTVCrap Sheave
4 Seat Cage w/42" Rear PRP Seat
ITP T-7C Wheels (5+2 front offset & 2+5 Rear)
Big Horn Tires (25x8x12 & 25x10x12)
LSR MTS +3 Mid Travel Kit
Bilstein Shocks w/ Eibach Springs 250lb front & 400lb rear
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...BRP_Avatar.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...avatar/byc.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/uutv1211.jpg
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Wide F'n Open

Tim at SDR is the best! He is known for his great customer service.

I have the SDR suspension on my desert race rhino, and it has been awesome. It works really great in the really rough stuff (I run the Fox remote res shocks). My buddy also runs the same kit on his 4 seat rhino.

As someone else mentioned, the kit used to be sold by Mason Motorsports. They moved on to bigger toys, and Tim took over selling the kit. Tim sold more Mason kits than any other single vendor, so he already had lots of experience with the kit. The arms are built by the same exact manufacturer as when Mason sold them, and Mason is still involved with designing new kits for SDR to sell.

Great kit! Great vendor.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 10:09 PM
3/4 Throttle

I'm getting ready to take my Rhino to SDR for some updates.. I trying to decide on the SDR kit as well, well to be honest I would only get the SDR, but trying to make it work Money wise..

Steve, you can do AFCO's for it as well... Humm, I'd rather have yours instead of the Fox's..

I want the Bed delete 4 seater!!!

I've been a Tim customer since his first cage.. Will remain a Tim customer till the end..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by derwud View Post
I'm getting ready to take my Rhino to SDR for some updates.. I trying to decide on the SDR kit as well, well to be honest I would only get the SDR, but trying to make it work Money wise..

Steve, you can do AFCO's for it as well... Humm, I'd rather have yours instead of the Fox's..

I want the Bed delete 4 seater!!!

I've been a Tim customer since his first cage.. Will remain a Tim customer till the end..
Yep, sure can. We have one of Tim's kits and know exactly what you need.

Steve
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Founding Ninja

SDR's/MASON Kit is bad ass......Porkers Race RHino ran it succesfully with no issues!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Follow the Underground on Twitter
http://twitter.com/UTVUnderground#/UTVUnderground
Sponsored Links
Advertisement