Mid-Travel question - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle
 
sand shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 41
Mid-Travel question

Well after putting the Rhino on its side this weekend in Glamis I think I have convinced the check writer (Wife) that wider a-arms are the ticket.

Are there any kits beside the Lone Star kit that will work with my Bilstein shocks? I know I could do a search, but I am being lazy.

Also, how much stability does a +3 kit add?
sand shark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Founding Ninja
 
07fj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ramona, ca
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
Well after putting the Rhino on its side this weekend in Glamis I think I have convinced the check writer (Wife) that wider a-arms are the ticket.

Are there any kits beside the Lone Star kit that will work with my Bilstein shocks? I know I could do a search, but I am being lazy.

Also, how much stability does a +3 kit add?
You will have to check the shock lengths on what each kit uses,
check with diff mfr's for shock length info.



Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
07fj is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:09 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 38
iShock Mid Travel UTV Suspension Systems; added width, length and travel equal unparallel stability, control and performance.

iShock doesn’t simply offer extended a-arms; they present you with the industries most comprehensive UTV suspension packages. From a variety of stock replacement shocks to +3.5” Long Travel Kits to the radical new +6” racing system, each and every component has been designed and tested by HydroDynamics USA engineers with the very same Kinematics, Cosmos and Data Acquisition software utilized by leading off-road race and NASCAR teams. Every nut, bolt, a-arm and shock is designed and tuned by one manufacture under one roof for a complete offering of components designed to work flawlessly together. Never again settle for “mix matched” suspension components. One manufacture, one complete kit, one low price, one lifetime warranty, your one stop shop for “suspension made simple”…iShock.


The 3.5 kit offers 12” of travel, and is designed to work with Rhino stock replacement shocks from any of a handful of manufacturers.
StarkShark is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Founding Ninja
 
07fj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ramona, ca
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkShark View Post
iShock Mid Travel UTV Suspension Systems; added width, length and travel equal unparallel stability, control and performance.

iShock doesn’t simply offer extended a-arms; they present you with the industries most comprehensive UTV suspension packages. From a variety of stock replacement shocks to +3.5” Long Travel Kits to the radical new +6” racing system, each and every component has been designed and tested by HydroDynamics USA engineers with the very same Kinematics, Cosmos and Data Acquisition software utilized by leading off-road race and NASCAR teams. Every nut, bolt, a-arm and shock is designed and tuned by one manufacture under one roof for a complete offering of components designed to work flawlessly together. Never again settle for “mix matched” suspension components. One manufacture, one complete kit, one low price, one lifetime warranty, your one stop shop for “suspension made simple”…iShock.


The 3.5 kit offers 12” of travel, and is designed to work with Rhino stock replacement shocks from any of a handful of manufacturers.
I-shock is a good kit, but read what he asked, can his bilsteins work with thier arms????????



Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
07fj is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07fj View Post
I-shock is a good kit, but read what he asked, can his bilsteins work with thier arms????????


If they are a stock replacement shock.(look above my sig)
StarkShark is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle
 
sand shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 41
Thanks for the replies. Have not seen the i-shock kit in person. What makes the i-shock kit better or different from the +3 kit from LSR?

Who else makes a +3 kit that will take stock replacement Bilsteins?
sand shark is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Wide F'n Open
 
UTV Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 1,549
XMF does too, any of the three are great companies, all race proven!!!!

dont buy my video. it sucks anyway!!!!
UTV Mayhem is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Founding Ninja
 
07fj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ramona, ca
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTV Mayhem View Post
XMF does too, any of the three are great companies, all race proven!!!!
Yep! all of them



Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
07fj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gps question?? waytay Yamaha Rhino General Discussions 15 10-22-2008 10:17 AM
Pro-one door question Kracker Yamaha Rhino General Discussions 9 10-07-2008 06:31 PM
The Burning question.... Powerplay Off-Topic Discussions 88 10-03-2008 01:02 AM
Wiring Question 007rhino Yamaha Rhino Electrical Discussions 11 09-19-2008 07:48 AM
rim question? ut rhino Yamaha Rhino General Discussions 2 09-07-2008 12:44 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58