AFCO Shocks - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

AFCO Shocks

Well after draggin my feet around for months thinking what kind of shocks/suspension I should buy for my 07 660 I went with some Afco replacement shocks.

Before I go on ..the reason I went with replacement shocks only is for the simple fact that I find myself buying stuff i like ,but don't really need, I'll enjoy the particular item(s) for a month or two then I'm completely over it! In this case it would be a LT suspension. I know I would buy it spend 5-6k run it then be over it quick.

After checking out all shock options & different opinions on forums & just asking around I found Steve @ Makin Traxx. Through the forums I kept reading about this guy & his shocks ,but most importantly his service( which is almost rare these days).So I called Steve about a week & half ago explaind what I was looking for & If he can have the shocks ready for my upcoming trip to Glamis. Steve took his time & explaind what my realistic expectations would be,but most importantly insured I would be happy with the shocks.So I bought the shocks ..fast fwd a week after & Steve had the shocks finished (2)days before my trip .... ,But wouldn't be able to ship in time... . Like I said earlier service is rare ,not with Steve .He made a commitment & kept it .Since we were both @ opposite ends of the world we agreed to meet up half way.Not only was Steve's service #1 his shocks worked excellent.Again his service was #1 let me give you a few examples.Steve must have a special spidey sense cause when I was installing the shocks he called to help guide an easy install,@ Glamis after first run he called to make sure they were dialed in right,Found shocks were a little too soft for me & he guided me with a few adjustments (helped alot), After guiding me he found springs were too soft for my cage so his response was he would come out to Glamis from his home & bring me a different pair of shocks.I know Steve would have come out if I let him ,but I felt the way we had the shocks set up would get me by & they did.For a price tag of $1400 I got top notch service ,a great product that worked above my expectations & I even bought an extra set for my parents RZR. If your looking for some replacement shocks that work well & dont want to buy the "Hey if you want em buy em'' shocks or the ''They are already pre set & forget'' shocks go with Steve @ Makin Traxx .Just my 2 cents.. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Wide F'n Open

Bump for great service!

Pro-One GlasslHRT 2-seaterlPRP 4-point harnesslPRP High BackslDRD dualslDRD fuel management
Machined sheavelDynateck ECUlXMF +6l2-4" 3-7" HID's
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

steve is the man

2007 3 seater razor eater
H-Town Performance for all your custom cage/bumper applications 702-564-7306
Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:41 AM

I have to admit, after reading all the good news about Makin Trax and Steve I put in an email to him Monday and called but left no message on the answering service. Late Tuesday called a couple times and left a detailed message with call back#'s. Called again Wed and then again today and no answer, no message saying he's out or doing whatever and be back when. Is there a secret handshake here???
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:56 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

no, he's probably just tied up, his customer service is second to none, give him a chance.

2007 3 seater razor eater
H-Town Performance for all your custom cage/bumper applications 702-564-7306
Mr. RPM BBK
Rigid E-Series
H-Town cage & bumper
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbyinjeep View Post
I have to admit, after reading all the good news about Makin Trax and Steve I put in an email to him Monday and called but left no message on the answering service. Late Tuesday called a couple times and left a detailed message with call back#'s. Called again Wed and then again today and no answer, no message saying he's out or doing whatever and be back when. Is there a secret handshake here???
I am sorry!!! I just e-mailed you dealer info. As far as the return call I generally return my missed calls in the late afternoon. Because of the 3 hour time difference I kept telling myself I will call in the A.M. Then I would just brain fade in the morning. You know the secret hand shake. Again I apoligize.

Steve
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin' Trax View Post
I am sorry!!! I just e-mailed you dealer info. As far as the return call I generally return my missed calls in the late afternoon. Because of the 3 hour time difference I kept telling myself I will call in the A.M. Then I would just brain fade in the morning. You know the secret hand shake. Again I apoligize.

Steve
Thanks for the call Steve, I know how it can be sometimes, fortunately around here I have other folks to answer my calls when I'm running around with my head cut off selling moto stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement