Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

AFCO Shocks

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cwbyinjeep 
#1 ·
Well after draggin my feet around for months thinking what kind of shocks/suspension I should buy for my 07 660 I went with some Afco replacement shocks.

Before I go on ..the reason I went with replacement shocks only is for the simple fact that I find myself buying stuff i like ,but don't really need, I'll enjoy the particular item(s) for a month or two then I'm completely over it! In this case it would be a LT suspension. I know I would buy it spend 5-6k run it then be over it quick.

After checking out all shock options & different opinions on forums & just asking around I found Steve @ Makin Traxx. Through the forums I kept reading about this guy & his shocks ,but most importantly his service( which is almost rare these days).So I called Steve about a week & half ago explaind what I was looking for & If he can have the shocks ready for my upcoming trip to Glamis. Steve took his time & explaind what my realistic expectations would be,but most importantly insured I would be happy with the shocks.So I bought the shocks ..fast fwd a week after & Steve had the shocks finished (2)days before my trip ....:clap: ,But wouldn't be able to ship in time...:( . Like I said earlier service is rare ,not with Steve .He made a commitment & kept it .Since we were both @ opposite ends of the world we agreed to meet up half way.:eek:k:Not only was Steve's service #1 his shocks worked excellent.Again his service was #1 let me give you a few examples.Steve must have a special spidey sense cause when I was installing the shocks he called to help guide an easy install:good:,@ Glamis after first run he called to make sure they were dialed in right:good:,Found shocks were a little too soft for me & he guided me with a few adjustments (helped alot):good:, After guiding me he found springs were too soft for my cage so his response was he would come out to Glamis from his home & bring me a different pair of shocks.I know Steve would have come out if I let him ,but I felt the way we had the shocks set up would get me by & they did.For a price tag of $1400 I got top notch service ,a great product that worked above my expectations & I even bought an extra set for my parents RZR. If your looking for some replacement shocks that work well & dont want to buy the "Hey if you want em buy em'' shocks or the ''They are already pre set & forget'' shocks go with Steve @ Makin Traxx .Just my 2 cents.. Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
I have to admit, after reading all the good news about Makin Trax and Steve I put in an email to him Monday and called but left no message on the answering service. Late Tuesday called a couple times and left a detailed message with call back#'s. Called again Wed and then again today and no answer, no message saying he's out or doing whatever and be back when. Is there a secret handshake here??? :good:

#6 ·
I am sorry!!! I just e-mailed you dealer info. As far as the return call I generally return my missed calls in the late afternoon. Because of the 3 hour time difference I kept telling myself I will call in the A.M. Then I would just brain fade in the morning. :mad: You know the secret hand shake:D. Again I apoligize.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.