gorilla C.V - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
family wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: riverside, C.A.
Posts: 361
Angry gorilla C.V

Well I have xxxrhinosport +6 long travel with gorilla CV's and axles. I have had a lot of probs with the gorilla axle/ now c.v.
So the c clip came off the axle last time I was riding, I pulled everything off today to find that and now my cv is super stiff. Can you get this rebuilt or do I have to buy another one.
I have heard to just shit can them but don't have enough cash to get axles and cv's so any input would help. Thanks in advance
family wagon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Wreckin' Shop
 
BiggJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B-Town foooooo
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon View Post
Well I have xxxrhinosport +6 long travel with gorilla CV's and axles. I have had a lot of probs with the gorilla axle/ now c.v.
So the c clip came off the axle last time I was riding, I pulled everything off today to find that and now my cv is super stiff. Can you get this rebuilt or do I have to buy another one.
I have heard to just shit can them but don't have enough cash to get axles and cv's so any input would help. Thanks in advance
Do you have access to a solvent tank? Clean it out real good to make sure you dont have anything in there



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
BiggJim is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
family wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: riverside, C.A.
Posts: 361
I have cleaned them and soaked them. Then I throw some grease on the bearings to see if it would stop sticking when the axle is moving, it seems to stick a lot I don't know if they (bearings) can freeze on the collar easy or just need more time to soak. But they are soaking as I type. Can they be rebuilt ?
family wagon is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Wreckin' Shop
 
BiggJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B-Town foooooo
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon View Post
I have cleaned them and soaked them. Then I throw some grease on the bearings to see if it would stop sticking when the axle is moving, it seems to stick a lot I don't know if they (bearings) can freeze on the collar easy or just need more time to soak. But they are soaking as I type. Can they be rebuilt ?

Once you get them 100% cleaned out it should all be real loose. Then you should be able to inspect it to see if there is damage on any of the balls or race



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
BiggJim is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
family wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: riverside, C.A.
Posts: 361
Question

Well hoping for the best, I will see what it looks like tomorrow ! It must of been hot cause the grease that gorilla used looked like oil when I pulled everything apart. What is everyones opinion on the service and knowledge of the people at gorilla ?
family wagon is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Founding Ninja
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon View Post
Well hoping for the best, I will see what it looks like tomorrow ! It must of been hot cause the grease that gorilla used looked like oil when I pulled everything apart. What is everyones opinion on the service and knowledge of the people at gorilla ?
Gorilla axle has some good people, and some slow people. My favorite guy they had has left and is now on to bigger and better things.
To answer the major question, yes, they can be rebuilt.

Benchmark Performance
760-484-0986
s2k1 is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
family wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: riverside, C.A.
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k1 View Post
Gorilla axle has some good people, and some slow people. My favorite guy they had has left and is now on to bigger and better things.
To answer the major question, yes, they can be rebuilt.
Thanks do you know of a place or do I have to send it to gorilla and have them do it also do you know a ballpark price ?
family wagon is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Founding Ninja
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by family wagon View Post
Thanks do you know of a place or do I have to send it to gorilla and have them do it also do you know a ballpark price ?
Yes, send it directly to Gorilla.
I don't have a ballpark price, it really depends on how much work it needs. I have had some fixed relatively inexpensively, and I have had some that were basically the same cost as new. In the case of the high cost, the customer just went ahead and bought new axles.
Don't forget, they have a 1 year warranty.

Benchmark Performance
760-484-0986
s2k1 is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open
 
family wagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: riverside, C.A.
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k1 View Post
Yes, send it directly to Gorilla.
I don't have a ballpark price, it really depends on how much work it needs. I have had some fixed relatively inexpensively, and I have had some that were basically the same cost as new. In the case of the high cost, the customer just went ahead and bought new axles.
Don't forget, they have a 1 year warranty.
I was worried that I'm going to have to send it to them. I was just trying to get it done without having to send it there because when I broke the axle and sent it back I had about a 3wk down time with shipping and them fixing it ! I was trying to go out to glamis next week o well. If anyone has a rear right inner gorilla c.v for half way cheap let me know. Thanks
family wagon is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
1/4 Throttle
 
c&c rhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: lake elsinore, ca
Posts: 20
i have a few pass. rear completes, fresh rebuilds. no cvs though. ive cleaned up several gorillas. they are a pain but if you have time and tools why not. usually you have to deburr the stars while its still together just to get them to rotate around. they dont come apart as easy as a 930 just to give you fair warning.
c&c rhino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gorilla Axle Fix !!!!! Paulywood Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions 6 12-03-2008 06:31 PM
gorilla axles boot wanted dentedmetal Want Ads 6 09-17-2008 08:57 PM
Gorilla is OUT... LSR is IN! ryanPSD Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions 20 08-28-2008 06:12 PM
For Sale! 4" Over Gorilla Axles jimmmyzz Yamaha Rhino's & Rhino Parts For Sale 0 08-13-2008 04:16 PM
Gorilla axle help! ryanPSD Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions 15 06-30-2008 05:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57