Replacing Spindles- Heavy Duty vs. OEM - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Replacing Spindles- Heavy Duty vs. OEM

Replacing Tie rods is getting old! Found out I got a bent spindle. A couple months ago I T-boned it in the sand and buried the nose. Ripped the "A" arms out, bent the spindle, tie rods and the shocks. It was an expensive day in Glamis
I have , gusseted Fr end, LT kit. I have been babying this thing since when we go out. No fun being a pussy. Worry way to much about this front end and the fragility.
What is the hot ticket on the spindles? I have seen a few of you mention HCR spindles??
Anyone ever heard of the Gear One steering box?
chilidipper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Wreckin' Shop
 
BiggJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B-Town foooooo
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidipper View Post
Replacing Tie rods is getting old! Found out I got a bent spindle. A couple months ago I T-boned it in the sand and buried the nose. Ripped the "A" arms out, bent the spindle, tie rods and the shocks. It was an expensive day in Glamis
I have , gusseted Fr end, LT kit. I have been babying this thing since when we go out. No fun being a pussy. Worry way to much about this front end and the fragility.
What is the hot ticket on the spindles? I have seen a few of you mention HCR spindles??
Anyone ever heard of the Gear One steering box?
Buy the dirt spindles...I think they are most likely the best out.....And the gear 1 rack is a nice piece. I am running one on my rig



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
BiggJim is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Wide F'n Open
 
TURBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SOLVANG CA
Posts: 3,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
Buy the dirt spindles...I think they are most likely the best out.....And the gear 1 rack is a nice piece. I am running one on my rig
may be try the bilit rack from jimmyzz it will save you a fuw hundred and the dirt spindles wont heat so bad...but the stock spindels are much better than the HRC crap...

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

TURBO is offline  
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Wide F'n Open
 
TURBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SOLVANG CA
Posts: 3,313
nice rack
http://www.rhinotalk.net/forums/yama...ring-rack.html

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE FASTER

BUT ONLY A FEW CAN FLY

TURBO is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
1/4 Throttle
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 29
Sounds like good advice. I like the Dirt spindles and the removable arm in case it bends. That is a smart design engineer, knowing that these can be bent. Thanks for input
chilidipper is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Founding Ninja
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidipper View Post
Sounds like good advice. I like the Dirt spindles and the removable arm in case it bends. That is a smart design engineer, knowing that these can be bent. Thanks for input
HRT Motorsports carries the DIRT spindles if you want a set.
HRT is at 76-788-0019

Benchmark Performance
760-484-0986
s2k1 is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Founding Ninja
 
07fj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ramona, ca
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2k1 View Post
HRT Motorsports carries the DIRT spindles if you want a set.
HRT is at 76-788-0019
that is 760-788-0019 lol



Benchmark Performance 686, 67.6 RWHP
http://www.unleashedutv.com/ 602-246-4011
Rigid Industries 480.655.0100
07fj is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Pr3m1um M3mb3r
 
predu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gilbert,AZ
Posts: 314
how about the fabtech spindles. any good? and does anyone know the difference between regular and long travel ones?
predu is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Wreckin' Shop
 
BiggJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B-Town foooooo
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by predu View Post
how about the fabtech spindles. any good? and does anyone know the difference between regular and long travel ones?
They are made of ductile iron......Any ductile I have ever worked with was full of holes. The spindles from Cognito have caught my eye. They have they for standard travel and LT. They are definatly worth a look



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
BiggJim is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Pr3m1um M3mb3r
 
predu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gilbert,AZ
Posts: 314
how much are they? i tried their site and didnt find tham.
predu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heavy Duty Rhino Steering Rack sand_duner Yamaha Rhino's & Rhino Parts For Sale 28 08-31-2009 10:58 AM
Billet King Heavy Duty Steering Rack jimmmyzz Yamaha Rhino's & Rhino Parts For Sale 34 02-08-2009 09:50 PM
Fabtech Spindles BrownSkidMarks Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions 12 11-10-2008 12:19 PM
Stock Spindles TMO Member Introductions 12 10-04-2008 12:01 PM
It's your duty to vote!!! caliber1racing Off-Topic Discussions 3 10-03-2008 10:26 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58