CV boot - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

CV boot

i need one STAT. my stealer ship ordered the wrong one . i need the pass. inner rear boot before wend. rolling out on wend moring so if i could get it tuesday that would save my trip. i changed out my head gasket (thanks Chris) and fixed a slew of problems only to have the dealer ship fuck me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
ljb
Wide F'n Open

too bad you live in nor-cal.
I have extra's (used) but couldn't get it to you by tomorrow.

hopefully someone up by you can come through for you.

08 700 SE
XMF LT
HID's
Livewire whip
and some quads and a KTM
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

thanks Lj! this is going to suck if this is the deal buster fro my trip . bakersfeild rhino is working on it as i type

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:35 PM
1/4 Throttle

Hey I just had about the same problem and found a great solution. Shop around all the part stores for a FAST BOOT. It doesn't matter if you go to honda, Kawasaki, or what ever. This is a Universal boot that a lot of people are using now. And a lot of part houses are stocking them since they fit any 4X4 ATV/UTV. The axle side of the boot will strecth over any diameter axle and the CV side of the boot has two sizes. On my front outer boot I had to cut the larger size off after the installation was complete. I ordered a spare now to carry with me where ever I go. Comes with everything you need even a tool for clamp. $20.00 a piece. OH YEAH!!! A big plus!!! if your in a hurry you don't even have to pull CV apart, Just turn boot inside out use hand soap for lube and it will slide right over CV. turn it back right side out and clamp.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Wide F'n Open

ncie! i will also start looking for that. Thanks hunt!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:58 AM
3/4 Throttle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt79 View Post
Hey I just had about the same problem and found a great solution. Shop around all the part stores for a FAST BOOT. It doesn't matter if you go to honda, Kawasaki, or what ever. This is a Universal boot that a lot of people are using now. And a lot of part houses are stocking them since they fit any 4X4 ATV/UTV. The axle side of the boot will strecth over any diameter axle and the CV side of the boot has two sizes. On my front outer boot I had to cut the larger size off after the installation was complete. I ordered a spare now to carry with me where ever I go. Comes with everything you need even a tool for clamp. $20.00 a piece. OH YEAH!!! A big plus!!! if your in a hurry you don't even have to pull CV apart, Just turn boot inside out use hand soap for lube and it will slide right over CV. turn it back right side out and clamp.
WE use the fast boots at the shop i work for... they fit a hugh aray of axles... i have noticed tho some don;t fit the greatest.... the 700 grizzly is one of them... i have had no problems with any of the rhinos tho!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement