L/T ride ht - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

L/T ride ht

Ive got a Mason/SDR 6' L/T kit and was wondering what is a good ride Ht.Im at 12.75' in ft and 12.5' in the rear.I have Kings shocks and tring to get this thing to stop kicking in the rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Wide F'n Open

i have king shocks as well and noticed when i backed off the top spring cup to take away some of the spring tension... it kicked wayyyy less!!

one OH six
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 08:17 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

I would say your good between min :11.5" -max: 13.5" (front skid) most people set their rears up a 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the front...However, the best way to dial it in is to call your kits manf. and ask them...
If your rhino is bucking in the whoops check your rebound settings(slow it down) and make sure your spring weights are correct for your rhinos weight...

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

SDR bought the Mason kit and was set up with foxs.I got a deal on my Kings, they have the same spring rate as the fox set up.One thing I have notice is that on the fox set up the ft is a lot stiffer when pushing down and this is most likely the problem,the ft is to soft and the back is taking the hit.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 AM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

do you have external adj. knobs on your shocks?

if its stiffer in front then before that means the front can take a bigger harder hit not less....stiffer=bigger hits, rougher on lil stuff.....I would think you need a revalve on the back shocks...does the front soak up the whoops well and its just the back thats bucking bad?

If you live in Vegas and need a General Contractor...call Manning Construction @ 497-5127
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Wreckin' Shop

King just recently came out with compression adjusters....no rebound....You most likely need your shocks revalved....and I hate to sound like an ass....but that just turned your "Deal" into crap....usually LT manufactures recommend a shock with their kit for a reason.....Because they have put hours of testing in with a shock MFG.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

BOOYAA

Juggstalk.net.....because we dont sell phone no MO!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJim View Post
King just recently came out with compression adjusters....no rebound....You most likely need your shocks revalved....and I hate to sound like an ass....but that just turned your "Deal" into crap....usually LT manufactures recommend a shock with their kit for a reason.....Because they have put hours of testing in with a shock MFG.
I can do the valving myself I just was trying to get ride ht and some input of how stiff your guys ft ends are.Like a 1600 car the ft end must pop up alitle or the back will kick.Another thing is the wheel base I know Curt Laduke sets his bronco prerunners ass high for up travel being the wheel base and limited sup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement