SoCal Fab +6 5/8 LT (BROKEN DRIVERS REAR AXLE) FML!!!! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
1/2 Throttle

Question SoCal Fab +6 5/8 LT (BROKEN DRIVERS REAR AXLE) FML!!!!

After i raced my 06 660 in the 2010 LEGP, i found out that i broke my rear driver axle (gorilla) I thought i should beef the axle up a bit, so i splurged and ordered the +6 300M Summer Bros axle. After taking out the broken gorilla i noticed that the inside splines on both sides of both gorilla axles (the broken driver and the non broken passenger rear) wrapped or twisted around the axle and the new axle from summer bros did not. (not sure if this was how gorilla designed their axles or not) I had to use the stock CV's for the new summer bros axle, so we swapped them out and put the axles and cv's back in the rear dif, clipped and bolted that shit up!

I test drove it and the first corner i took on the pavement...<<BAMM>> both inner cvs and axles shot out. FML. The axle i ordered from summer bros was too short. I thought i had a +6 SoCal LT kit...its not.

I called Jose @ Summer Bros, Apparently the kit i have requires a little bit longer axle and is a 6 5/8 over stock LT kit. I was forced to eat the +6 axle and had him make me the right size one.

I took the car to a shop (house accessories) near summer bros take a look at the car to put the new +6 5/8 axle in along with the passenger side gorilla that had popped out and do a quick tune up. I got a call today, the gorilla passenger side axle need to be replaced aswel ANOTHER $250

WHATS THE DEAL WITH THIS HOAKY SIZED KIT? I AM TOLD I NEED TO INSTALL LIMIT STRAPS TO AVOID ANOTHER BROKEN AXLE... ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM??? WILL I BE OK AFTER THE OTHER REAR IS BUILT AND INSTALLED??

Machined Sheave
Dual Teflon Muzzys
3-8" Vision-X HID's
Vision-X HID Stock Headlight Replacements
PCI Race Radio Pro Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 11:29 PM
3/4 Throttle

got any pic's of your kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement