Shock testers wanted!!! - Yamaha Rhino Forums - Yamaha UTV Forum
Yamaha Rhino Suspension Discussions Yamaha Rhino suspension discussions.
Long travel kits, shocks, a-arms, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Shock testers wanted!!!

Makin Trax Suspension is throwing their hat in the ring for Mid & Long Travel shock options. If you already have a Mid Travel or Long Travel setup on any brand UTV and are happy or un-happy with your shock setup, but would like to take part in shock testing, WE NEED YOUR HELP & INPUT.

We have realized that to try and aquire all the different brands of Mid and LT kits and assemble & test each one would be overwhelming to say the least. So we are thinking if we setup shock testing with end users of all the different kits on UTV's in test groups of say 4 at a time, we can create some shock setups that can be used on all the kits as another option that is specific to the kits and the vehicle and let you be the judge. Most of the testing would take place in Johnson Valley, Ocitillo, Glamis and a Parker session because it provides for the best all around riding. Whoops, jumps, sand dunes, washes, rock climbing and mountain trails.

Makin' Trax Suspension will make it worth your while and it will be fun. What do you have to lose? If anyone is interested, give me a call @ 951-782-1479 or PM me.

Steve - Makin' Trax

Last edited by Makin' Trax; 08-17-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added more areas for AZ boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 12:24 PM

hmmmmm tempting...of course I would have to come from AZ. Mid travel lonstar kit, 4 seater.

Last edited by zoomer; 08-17-2008 at 12:32 PM.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Wide F'n Open

That would be cool I live down the street from there, but I don't have mid or long travel, just kings on stock susp.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 12:58 PM

I think this would be cool, but I also live in AZ. If I had money to burn I would like to try different shock combinations. Write now I'm using the ME +6 with Walker Evans shocks. I think would like a progressive shock as apposed to the linear shock. I like my kit when haul in a$$ but when I'm going slow (5- 15 mph.) its to harsh.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:02 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

sign me and green machine up.
1 mafia kit and one magnum offroad kit +6

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

There will be more than one session. We could do one in Octillio and one in Parker, AZ. Thanks for the input!

Max - You know what I have told you! Let's make it work to the full potential of that motor!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:21 PM
RhinoTalk.net Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin' Trax View Post
There will be more than one session. We could do one in Octillio and one in Parker, AZ. Thanks for the input!

Max - You know what I have told you! Let's make it work to the full potential of that motor!
after this weekends night ride, it really showed how bad it needs your touch.
I'm ready whenever you got the time. so is green machine.

VictoryGardenshydro.com
WeedConnect.net,get connected
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by max powers View Post
after this weekends night ride, it really showed how bad it needs your touch.
I'm ready whenever you got the time. so is green machine.
Cool!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Founding Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin' Trax View Post
Makin Trax Suspension is throwing their hat in the ring for Mid & Long Travel shock options. If you already have a Mid Travel or Long Travel setup on any brand UTV and are happy or un-happy with your shock setup, but would like to take part in shock testing, WE NEED YOUR HELP & INPUT.

We have realized that to try and aquire all the different brands of Mid and LT kits and assemble & test each one would be overwhelming to say the least. So we are thinking if we setup shock testing with end users of all the different kits on UTV's in test groups of say 4 at a time, we can create some shock setups that can be used on all the kits as another option that is specific to the kits and the vehicle and let you be the judge. Most of the testing would take place in Johnson Valley, Ocitillo, Glamis and a Parker session because it provides for the best all around riding. Whoops, jumps, sand dunes, washes, rock climbing and mountain trails.

Makin' Trax Suspension will make it worth your while and it will be fun. What do you have to lose? If anyone is interested, give me a call @ 951-782-1479 or PM me.

Steve - Makin' Trax
Updated
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Steve,

If I can make it I am down to help. As you already know I have the LSR MTS Kit. I run it as a 4 seater and a 2 seater. Right now it is a 4 seater but in the next few weeks it will be going back to a 2 seater.

I have been feeling like my ride isnt as good as it used to be..... I have been thinking it is time to send in my rear Billsteins in for a service and maybe a revalve. It would be a good time to do some testing. Just let me know what you are thinking and if I am avaialble I will help.

Oh yeah. I have been playing around with my other 4 seater that my brother drives with the new Afco Shocks..... I need to tighten up the preload on the rears. Do you have a spanner wrench that I can buy or tell me where I can get one to fit that spanner nut. I dont want to scratch up those nice looking shocks.

So far they seem great. After I get the preload set up correctly and test them properly I will do a write up and post my findings.

2006 Rhino 660
BRP Stage 2 CDI
UTVCrap Sheave
4 Seat Cage w/42" Rear PRP Seat
ITP T-7C Wheels (5+2 front offset & 2+5 Rear)
Big Horn Tires (25x8x12 & 25x10x12)
LSR MTS +3 Mid Travel Kit
Bilstein Shocks w/ Eibach Springs 250lb front & 400lb rear
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...BRP_Avatar.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...avatar/byc.jpg http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/uutv1211.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement