Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

4 Seater Cage Advice?

9K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Hapa 
#1 · (Edited)
I want to buy a four seater cage for my "07". Let me know if I am overly cautious. First of all, I use it mainly for the high dessert and trails.

I feel that the rear part of the cage should be attached to the frame (ie. incorporated into a bumper), not bolted in the bed. Secondly, I feel that the rear bench should be attached to the cage, and not just the bed.

I do not get that crazy, but I always try to do it right, or not at all.

I would appreciate any feedback and or opinions.

#11 ·
Erik, it looks like a great set up and a great deal, but I am really leaning towards a rear frame mount. But I am definetly thinking about it, I saw it on the "udder" site also.
FYI, most of the rear frame mounts do not allow the use of the tailgate to open, if that matters to ya!

Rog

#3 ·
I deffinatly agree about the cage attatching to the frame. That in my opinion is the most important thing when shopping for a 4 seat cage.

My favorite 4 seat cage is the full potential. I like the look and construction.

As far as the seat attatching to the cage I really don't know how important that is. I think if you tried to build a frame under the seat and attatched it to the frame it may make the seat sit high and get your kids head close to the upper rails. I don't know but that's what I would worry about.

#6 ·
ive seen many rhinos roll with cage attached to bed, they are fine if the geometry and triangulation is good. those corners of the bed are stronger than you think. i rolled a ford ranger at 55+ in occotillo a couple years back and it only had a simple 4 point cab cage, 1 1/2 tubing also and it worked perfect and saved my life.

#21 ·
I was worried about my cage only bolting to the bed. i talked to my builder and he showed me it is all bull. over kill for most of our applications. my 2 cents.

My Rhino has been rolled hard a couple of times, once with 2 people totalled the cage but safed Blakes life. The 2nd time it had 4 big guys in it and nothing happened.

Look at the material used the quality of welds and the corners should all be connected with those little corner web things for bracing.

Dont fall for the hype, If ask around we should all wear helmets and have 5 point harnesses.

Make sure your kids cant hit their head and keep their little arms in the cage and are belted in with a 4 point harness or better. imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.