Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the scoop. have a 06 660 rhino that we keep at a hunting club. Sits up for long periods. Over the last four years it has become harder and harder to crank. After researching decided it must be the fuel pump so we loaded it up and took into to dealer. after three weeks and $350 for a new fuel pump i went to pick it up however would not crank. Another week the have it fixed. claim they installed another fuel pump. i asked if carb was ok they said yes. Unit runs for most of the fall 09 hunting season then quits again around xmas. i figure it has just lost prime. take airbox off put a little fuel on a rag crank and it starts. remove rag it dies. Fuel pump appears to be pumping, fuel filter is clean, all fuel lines are clear. So what is going on here? needle? diaphragm? Need help

·
Registered
300 Posts
all 660 rhinos r hard to start after they been sitting for over a month, yes they lose prim . keep cranking on it when it dies or keep spraying in the carb keep it going and see if it dies again .

u can buy a brand new hi flow mikuni pump for 59 bucks and it takes 10 minutes to install...

sounds like the dealer ripped u off for 350 bucks for a carb installed? wow stealership 4 sure ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fixed

Put a primer bulb on fuel line to test. Fuel pump is working but no fuel in bowl. tore carburetor down and the needle/floats were glazed from fuel evaporating out of bowl. Put carb back together adjusted idle now purrs like a kitten.
thanks for help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts