Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Curious. I've Never Ridden In Or Have Really Seen One Of The Rotax Swaps Run. How Would You Say It Compares To Like A Well Built Weller 720 Or Even A Rzr Or Teryx? I've Got The Itch To Do Something Different To The Wifes Rhino? Trying To Figure Out What To Do? Thanks For Any Input?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
They beat him at glamis. And he was man enough to give them credit for it also

I would like to see it drag the Flying Banana 686 also.

Rog

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just Tossing Around Some Different Ideas. Trying To Get Comparisons Between The Rotax And Other Options.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I've laid the smackdown on every rzr except 1 that had a $5,000 turbo.
It;s reliability haven't been proven.
haven't had a real teryx to run yet, maybe johnny, if he ain't scared.
stock teryx, no contest.
r1--yeah, your wife is going to drive an r1

it is the best choice and your wife will love you for making it so damn quiet.

ran against corry in her race rhino with a 720 custom piston on race gas with a proffesional driver and 500 less lbs.
she beat me 3 times off the line. I have added about 12 h.p since then and she has gone to a 760

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I've laid the smackdown on every rzr except 1 that had a $5,000 turbo.
It;s reliability haven't been proven.
haven't had a real teryx to run yet, maybe johnny, if he ain't scared.
stock teryx, no contest.
r1--yeah, your wife is going to drive an r1

it is the best choice and your wife will love you for making it so damn quiet.

ran against corry in her race rhino with a 720 custom piston on race gas with a proffesional driver and 500 less lbs.
she beat me 3 times off the line. I have added about 12 h.p since then and she has gone to a 760
Theyre ya go .... straight from the horses mouth... or was that a jack:mad: mouth, can never get that straight.... j/k Max!:D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats What I Need To Know. R1 For Her Is Definately Out. She Needs An Auto. Reliability Is A Huge Issue So I Don't Want To Do A Huge Bored Out Stroker Motor. So Thats Why I'm Trying To Weigh Out My Choices. Her Rhino Is Already Built,cage, L/t,sheave, Cam, Exhaust, Stereo, Etc, Etc... To Start Over With A New Teryx Or Rzr Would Kinda Suck. Thats Why I Was Wondering About The 800? But If Its Not A Huge Difference, Hers May Just Have To Stay "stock".

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
The pro shop can make that thing faster than most peeps will need for a lower cost to you, and super reliable. The Rotax seems to have the power at the right points. Top end is not as important as low end to get out of bad situations, I am thinking of my wife.

She doesnt need to go 70mph but torq to climb a dune rather than backing down is huge to her. The Rotax seems to be the best out of the hole. no pun intended.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The pro shop can make that thing faster than most peeps will need for a lower cost to you, and super reliable. The Rotax seems to have the power at the right points. Top end is not as important as low end to get out of bad situations, I am thinking of my wife.

She doesnt need to go 70mph but torq to climb a dune rather than backing down is huge to her. The Rotax seems to be the best out of the hole. no pun intended.
I think gregc lives in arizona, so weller would be a great choice.

greg, you should go see jay at desertdog in fountain hills and talk to him about the rotax, he may have something for you to even take a ride in.
then you will see if it's for you.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the Pro Shop Can Make That Thing Faster Than Most Peeps Will Need For A Lower Cost To You, And Super Reliable. The Rotax Seems To Have The Power At The Right Points. Top End Is Not As Important As Low End To Get Out Of Bad Situations, I Am Thinking Of My Wife.

She Doesnt Need To Go 70mph But Torq To Climb A Dune Rather Than Backing Down Is Huge To Her. The Rotax Seems To Be The Best Out Of The Hole. No Pun Intended.
Thats Exactly It. I'm Not Looking For All Top End. I'd Rather Her Not Do 80. But Having The Power To Climb A Dune And Not Having To Bail Out And Turn Around Is What I'm Looking For.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Thats Exactly It. I'm Not Looking For All Top End. I'd Rather Her Not Do 80. But Having The Power To Climb A Dune And Not Having To Bail Out And Turn Around Is What I'm Looking For.
well the rotax is a torque monster and as I said, with the stock muffler, you can cruise 50 and talk, not yell at your passenger

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
I wasnt all that impressed to be honest....I would imagine that the rotax's reliability is killer compared to a built rhino motor....I would bet that the rotax has a ton of potiantial too....However stock I wasnt super impressed. And for the cost....I dont know if I could go that route. Then again I didnt drive it either. Mark offered but I just have a rule about driving other people rides.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
379 Posts
You could also do a Brute Force Kawasaki swap. Then you'd pretty much have a Teryx with a Rhino chassis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts