Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well summers here and footballs going to be coming up fast. Any of you guys got a built in BBQ or Beer island ? Lets see some pics!

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Actually yes we do...I will get some pics tomorrow at our party :good:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I'm talkin about , Party all day on Friday , No work.:yahoo:

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
LOL well I have to work, but later on, everyone will be over :yahoo:

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Your not kidding!

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, So I guess I'll get some pics going. I built this with the help of a few close friends. We first tore down the old patio shade cover and extended the roof out further. At the same time I ran 220 volt over head and down the coloumn and over to the spa. I used tongue and groove ship lap under the roof to close it up. While adding 9 50W can lights in it. Built the BBQ island right off the house and installed a Built in BBQ from Home Depot that runs off of Natural gas from the house. As you can see in the pics I tore it down and had it repowder coated at the same time I was doing my rhino suspension (Candy metal flake blue with Camaro Silver) We installed clear glass blocks in the middle of the island with 8 Black light tubes behind for a cool night effect. Had a buddy of mine do the stone work from sand and cement ( all hand carved).

O- Ya I forgot the best part. I had to put in the Kegerator. Once again Todd built me a new Tower for it that was larger in diameter and taller to accomidate the fridge being mounted so low and having to get a pitcher inder the tap with the concrete counter top. I still have to add a drip pan that he is building and then send it in to match the BBQ and tower. I have 200W weatherproof JBL speakers and CCTV ran out side. I also installed 14 misters under the eves. Just got it tiled last month and gonna add a 42" plasma and outdoor heater later this summer if the rhino would quit draining my bank account!

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Oh ya it looks good my friend, nice work!

·
Registered
889 Posts

A friend of mine and I built it last year.
52" BBQ Galore Grill on Top of Three Slabs of Granite

Enough room for 20 Barstools

One lesson I learned is the Barstools are the most expensive thing about the whole build. I bought 15 Shop Stools at Samsclub for $10 each until Im ready to fork out the $6000 on outdoor Stools!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just going to say something about your chairs. That's why you don't see anything around mine yet.$$$$$
man they get expensive. Not to mention all that money and they are sitting out in the sun and rain all the time.

Man thats a lot of Granite!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I was just going to say something about your chairs. That's why you don't see anything around mine yet.$$$$$
man they get expensive. Not to mention all that money and they are sitting out in the sun and rain all the time.

Man thats a lot of Granite!

Yah I spent $150 total and they lasted a year. They faded pretty quick and some have started to crack but its worth the savings for now! I was going to wait until the off season to buy some but that was Rhino time and my $$$ was well spent at Glamis!

·
Registered
785 Posts
my father in law has a setup pretty much JUST Like jimmyzz... The one thing his does have i didnt see in jim's is a burner sunk in for a turkey fry! make me jealous everytime i go over there. It has Neon lights up under the eve of the top. And its linked to change colors with the pool. F'n BAD ASS! My dream for someday thats for sure!

·
Registered
889 Posts
my father in law has a setup pretty much JUST Like jimmyzz... make me jealous everytime i go over there. It has Neon lights up under the eve of the top. And its linked to change colors with the pool. F'n BAD ASS!
Sounds cool! I had plans to build a patio cover over it and wanted to add some under mount lights. I just bought a 13 foot umbrella for it and might cancel the cover but the lights would still look sweet. I drilled the hole in the granite today! Scary!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
The landscaping isn't finished in this one. I always wondered if I would ever have a place to use bbq pictures. Never would of thought on a Rhino Forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds cool! I had plans to build a patio cover over it and wanted to add some under mount lights. I just bought a 13 foot umbrella for it and might cancel the cover but the lights would still look sweet. I drilled the hole in the granite today! Scary!!
Yes that is always very scary. My frind came over and just did my Granite counter and he had to drill 3 holes and some of them were right on the joint lines.

·
Registered
250 Posts
if you drill them before you grout you should have no prob or possibly drill the before install.... we have messed with granite tiles before

·
Registered
659 Posts
Drilling holes

if you drill them before you grout you should have no prob or possibly drill the before install.... we have messed with granite tiles before
Im a tile Contractor and I can tell you this, If you have any doubt, have a pro drill the holes. In my opinon you should drill after grout, the counter will be solid then. Seal everything and use GOOD stuff, not the cheep stuff. Let me know if I can help with anything, good luck, Gabe. :eek:k:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts