Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering installing a 686 Big Big Bore Kit onto my Rhino. The install will include a new cam, valve springs, port and polish, Piston, etc. I would like to continue using pump gas. I do have a few questions.
Which is a better Kit to install. The KMS or the Trinity or?
Do I need to upgrade my cooling system?
Is there a shop local to the Los Angeles area that can do the install?
Should I consider a 727cc kit (can I still use pump gas)?
What reliability issues will I have?
Should I install a stroker kit?
What can I expect in HP gains?

I appreciate any input, help, suggestions anyone can give.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Call John at the PRO SHOP in Stanton 714-892-1300 he can answer all your questions. And they have an inhouse dyno for rwh .
BTW welcome to RHINO TALK and Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
another good place with awsome customer service is wellerracing.com they make some good power and it tells u what to expect on power right there on the website. good luck hope this helps. and merry christmas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome and x-mas cheer! Happy Holidays to all!.

I would love to go to Wellers but it is a little far and would like to stay somewhat local to Los Angeles. I will give Pro Shop a call but I have also heard of a place called Benchmark in Ramona. Has anyone heard of them and is one shop better than the other? Any other shops in the Los Angeles/San Diego area?
Thanks Again!!!!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and x-mas cheer! Happy Holidays to all!.

I would love to go to Wellers but it is a little far and would like to stay somewhat local to Los Angeles. I will give Pro Shop a call but I have also heard of a place called Benchmark in Ramona. Has anyone heard of them and is one shop better than the other? Any other shops in the Los Angeles/San Diego area?
Thanks Again!!!!

chris at benchmark is top notch, and his customer service is top's also.:good:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Benchmark it is!
Thanks for all your input!
Have a great Holiday and Happy New Year!:yahoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts