Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i’m at wits end with this thing and I need some expertise, please!! Let me start off by saying, I’m an idiot. Now that, thats out of the way, i just changed out the transmission belt.

I could not figure how to get the damn belt on until i watched a YouTube vidoe How To and discovered using the transmission cover bolts on the pully ( two holes in the pulley wheel for jack bolts ) to adjust the pulley where the belt would ride down in it. This finally gave me enough slack to get the right wheel / clutch / drum ( i dont know what its called) to slide far enough back on where i could finally slip the washer and nut back on it.

Now that i have everything bolted back up, i started the engine to make sure i saw both sides of the clutches spinning and they were. I reinstalled the cage bracket and the cover. Now i started the engine and put the thing in reverse to back out of the garage. Clunk, goes into gear then the engine stalls out. Same thing if i put it in high or low to go forward.

I am guessing when i adjusted the left pulley so i could get the belt to ride down in it as far as possible ( i screwed the jack bolt in as far as it would go ) so that i could get enough slack to install the right wheel. I left it in to high of a “gear” for the engine to handle from a dead stop. How in the hell do I fix this? I am at a loss and no DIY video shows how to unfu** yourself from where i ended up. They dont fu** them selves in the first place.

Thank you to anyone, truly, who takes the time to comment a helping thought or suggestion. I am so frustrated with myself right now..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever get it figured out? I was changing mine out this weekend and had the exact same things going on! A little more digging and we found the problem!!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Tread

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up ordering a new clutch kit, took everything apart and changed the wet clutch. At first it did the same thing and I was super pissed. I broke everything down again and found that the one way bearing that came with my cheap kit was the problem. Put the original one way bearing back on amd put everything back together and now everything works great. Not aure exactly what the problem was originally. Sorry im not much help, thats why i didnt post an update!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up ordering a new clutch kit, took everything apart and changed the wet clutch. At first it did the same thing and I was super pissed. I broke everything down again and found that the one way bearing that came with my cheap kit was the problem. Put the original one way bearing back on amd put everything back together and now everything works great. Not aure exactly what the problem was originally. Sorry im not much help, thats why i didnt post an update!
Good deal glad you discovered your problem!! I'm finding out that I'm better off paying more for OEM than trying to save a buck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal glad you discovered your problem!! I'm finding out that I'm better off paying more for OEM than trying to save a buck.
Agreed, in my case i was looking at a quarter of the price for a generic wet clutch kit over OEM parts. So far I have had no problems at all with any of the other parts, but man I was pissed when i found that brand new one way bearing tore up! Plus all the time and frustration of having to break everything back down again to find out what was up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agreed, in my case i was looking at a quarter of the price for a generic wet clutch kit over OEM parts. So far I have had no problems at all with any of the other parts, but man I was pissed when i found that brand new one way bearing tore up! Plus all the time and frustration of having to break everything back down again to find out what was up!
Exactly! Seems like I only learn things the hard way! Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts