Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking to find another handgun to carry concealed and was curious if any of you hold a concealed weapons permit and if so, what weapon you carry.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have had mine since 1996 and first carried a mid frame S&W .40 Tactical
The frame was kinda large and after several years of that I switched to a Khar PM40 and absolutely love it. 7 shot single stack. After those 7 shots either throw it at em or run like hell. LOL

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
So I am looking to find another handgun to carry concealed and was curious if any of you hold a concealed weapons permit and if so, what weapon you carry.
I just carry either way. My problem with a permit is that down the road 20yrs from now some clown like obamma outlaws guns and they will know where to start looking. I will remain anonymous.... MAYBE IM PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had mine since 1996 and first carried a mid frame S&W .40 Tactical
The frame was kinda large and after several years of that I switched to a Khar PM40 and absolutely love it. 7 shot single stack. After those 7 shots either throw it at em or run like hell. LOL
Thanks, I will take a look, I am actually considering the new Ruger LCP .380

I have a SDR-9, however, still a tad too big to carry concealed comfortably.

I just carry either way. My problem with a permit is that down the road 20yrs from now some clown like obamma outlaws guns and they will know where to start looking. I will remain anonymous.... MAYBE IM PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!
Did you not have to register your handgun when you purchased it?

ccw here carry a stainless colt acp380 or a springfield 40cal, these were just guns i already owned would like to get a noce compact 9 or so.
I have the SDR-9 and it is still a little too large I think, I love my H&K USP40, but that is way too large and heavy.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cause your in cali. i don't think they have there fo they??
As a matter of fact they do...but I am not sure what it takes to get one.

I know there is a State back east where you can only get a CCW if you are in fear of your life and can prove it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have never registered any gun and I never will..... I would recomend that anyone looking for a gun buy them from a private party...:good:

·
Registered
101 Posts
D.P. I am in the same boat as you. Back in IL. there was no such thing, no CCW. I have taken some classes since I moved out here and need to find a somewhat small gun to carry. Open to suggestions :)
Rick.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have never registered any gun and I never will..... I would recomend that anyone looking for a gun buy them from a private party...:good:
Ya I feel more comfortable buying new and knowing that I am the owner the ATF knows about...you never know when buying from a private party the history of the weapon.

D.P. I am in the same boat as you. Back in IL. there was no such thing, no CCW. I have taken some classes since I moved out here and need to find a somewhat small gun to carry. Open to suggestions :)
Rick.
The Ruger LCP is actually getting some great reviews, just not sure if I want a larger caliber since the LCP is a .380

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Ya I feel more comfortable buying new and knowing that I am the owner the ATF knows about...you never know when buying from a private party the history of the weapon.

The Ruger LCP is actually getting some great reviews, just not sure if I want a larger caliber since the LCP is a .380
The government knows to much any how and if you buy from the small guys you can get guns that are new never fired in the box.(no bodies on them).

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Warlock, your not paranoid, just aware. We do not register guns here in Az as you know, but there is a record of any new gun you buy. The ccw just lets them know you "probably" own guns. I am proud to say i own a sick aresenal. One thing I've collected through the years.
Make sure the gun you decide to carry is comfortable, has knock down power and remains easily concealed. The whole point is so no one knows your carrying.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nonetheless, the weapon is only as good as its handler :good:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts