Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Concealed Carry Handgun

5K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Eat Dirt 
#1 ·
So I am looking to find another handgun to carry concealed and was curious if any of you hold a concealed weapons permit and if so, what weapon you carry.

#6 ·
I have had mine since 1996 and first carried a mid frame S&W .40 Tactical
The frame was kinda large and after several years of that I switched to a Khar PM40 and absolutely love it. 7 shot single stack. After those 7 shots either throw it at em or run like hell. LOL
Thanks, I will take a look, I am actually considering the new Ruger LCP .380

I have a SDR-9, however, still a tad too big to carry concealed comfortably.

I just carry either way. My problem with a permit is that down the road 20yrs from now some clown like obamma outlaws guns and they will know where to start looking. I will remain anonymous.... MAYBE IM PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!
Did you not have to register your handgun when you purchased it?

ccw here carry a stainless colt acp380 or a springfield 40cal, these were just guns i already owned would like to get a noce compact 9 or so.
I have the SDR-9 and it is still a little too large I think, I love my H&K USP40, but that is way too large and heavy.

#3 ·
I just carry either way. My problem with a permit is that down the road 20yrs from now some clown like obamma outlaws guns and they will know where to start looking. I will remain anonymous.... MAYBE IM PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
As a matter of fact they do...but I am not sure what it takes to get one.

I know there is a State back east where you can only get a CCW if you are in fear of your life and can prove it.

#11 ·
Ya I feel more comfortable buying new and knowing that I am the owner the ATF knows about...you never know when buying from a private party the history of the weapon.

D.P. I am in the same boat as you. Back in IL. there was no such thing, no CCW. I have taken some classes since I moved out here and need to find a somewhat small gun to carry. Open to suggestions :)
Rick.
The Ruger LCP is actually getting some great reviews, just not sure if I want a larger caliber since the LCP is a .380

#10 ·
D.P. I am in the same boat as you. Back in IL. there was no such thing, no CCW. I have taken some classes since I moved out here and need to find a somewhat small gun to carry. Open to suggestions :)
Rick.

#15 ·
Warlock, your not paranoid, just aware. We do not register guns here in Az as you know, but there is a record of any new gun you buy. The ccw just lets them know you "probably" own guns. I am proud to say i own a sick aresenal. One thing I've collected through the years.
Make sure the gun you decide to carry is comfortable, has knock down power and remains easily concealed. The whole point is so no one knows your carrying.

#19 ·
Nonetheless, the weapon is only as good as its handler :good:

#24 ·
Taurus

I recently became a CCW permit holder. Carried illegally for years,,, just got tired of worrying about it. Never been a real fan of the Taurus product line, however, the PT140 Pro makes a pretty nice little carry .40. Small, light, inexpensive, 10 round cap., external safety, (always a MUST for me), on board "gun lock" wich disables the gun should you want, and if you don't put thousands of rounds through the little pt, it should never let you down.

I bought it specifically to carry,,,, works pretty well.

Good luck in your search.

Attachments

#25 ·
a nice piece to carry is the rohrbaugh 9mm, smallest 9mm in the world at the time i bought it, not sure if it is still true....fits right in your pocket with a holster...dont have to worry about printing while wearing a shirt.....seems like they went up alot...bought mine from the shot show in las vegas several years ago, owner of co is nice guy.....just my 2 cents.....i think a 380 is a waist to carry , a 9mm is the smallest caliber i would carry...

#27 ·
I carry a P85 ruger 9mm 15 round clip t/top ammo and yes a t/top will go throue a 2nd chance vest I tow for a living and work with the chp and local sheriff the chp borrowed my 9 and ammo and tested the storys about t/top ammo aka cop killers!!! light wight and verry comfortable

#28 ·
sxs said it best, you must know your guns as well. "what we dont use we lose"
meaning if you dont shoot your gun often and get into a situation with someone who shoots lets say 5000 rounds ayear (which is not very hard to do) chances are he will have more accurate rounds embedded in your chest before you knew what happened.
also, ALWAYS KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND YOUR LINE OF FIRE!
not preaching guys, but seriously attorneys today are just looking for lawsuits, besides who wnats to harm or kill an innocent person on accident.

#30 · (Edited)
DT, well said and agree... I shoot every month to keep my skills up. I highly recommend a gun safety course whether or not you have been shooting for years, a refresher course on gun safety is always warranted. I have been very lucky to get trained and been taken out by a bunch of cops and taught how to shoot. Always be aware of you environment because the threat maybe all around you, god forbid that day ever comes. Guys if you carry please be safe....

#31 ·
Ironic, I was just going to ask about the Glock 26...how do you like it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.