Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Never felt real comfortable on a dirt bike for some reason...street bikes, yes, dirt not so much.

·
Registered
785 Posts
ive got an 05 CRF450R... i was gettin decent till i herniated a disc in my back. It has pretty much sit in my garage since then... wanna buy it? lol

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I ride ok some say I am fast, I dont think so. I did hurt myself in Baja last trip 2 months ago. i am just feeling full strength in my knee. I rode about two weeks ago and really felt slow. I will be doing a bunch of riding Glamis this season, just got a Honda 08 450r special black edition. i know it was kind of dumb to pay extra for it but could be my last pure moto bike with all of the Baja i have been riding. Here is a pic

·
Registered
399 Posts
I ride ok some say I am fast, I dont think so. I did hurt myself in Baja last trip 2 months ago. i am just feeling full strength in my knee. I rode about two weeks ago and really felt slow. I will be doing a bunch of riding Glamis this season, just got a Honda 08 450r special black edition. i know it was kind of dumb to pay extra for it but could be my last pure moto bike with all of the Baja i have been riding. Here is a pic

Nice ride... I like the black I ended up with the blue not Suzuki yellow.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I can ride, sheiit!!!!

FN cry babys! I broke 5 vertabrate, 8 ribs, collapcted a lung and got a concussion, SON. WHAT CHA THINK BOUT THAT?! :punish: I still ride, I just have more control now! :good:

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
FN cry babys! I broke 5 vertabrate, 8 ribs, collapcted a lung and got a concussion, SON. WHAT CHA THINK BOUT THAT?! :punish: I still ride, I just have more control now! :good:
I was just being honest, i kind of scared myself that last fall, i couldnt walk right for months. It probably slowed me down some, i need to get my confidence back.

·
Registered
239 Posts
anyone ride...rephrase anyone good at riding?
Define good........lol

Im not a super fast rider just a little above average expert at best. I have done ok at desert races in the past.

MX scares the crap out of me but, I do like a good GP.

Supermoto is a total blast just no where to go it here.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I was just being honest, i kind of scared myself that last fall, i couldnt walk right for months. It probably slowed me down some, i need to get my confidence back.
I had a 97' KTM 360SX 2 stroke, that thing was scary fast!!!! I wasn't supposed to live, then I wasn't supposed to walk, then never work. SHEIIT! JUST GET BACK ON IT TILL YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE! :good:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to be reasonably good, and had a room full of trophys, and a Honda support ride "back in the day". Finished top ten overall in a few desert races. Now I just ride for enjoyment.

My current bike is a 2008 KTM 530 EXC R, but that bike is being traded in this saturday. I will be getting a 2008 KTM 950 Super Enduro. The Super Enduro is going to be interesting to say the least. I've never had a dirt bike that weighs 400 lbs, has 100 horsepower right from the factory, and has a top speed of 140 mph. The Super Enduro is kind of in a niche of its own, it is a cross between a super moto bike and the worlds most gigantic dirt bike. Cant wait to take it for a spin.

3TV

·
Registered
785 Posts
lol... paying for my house and the other toys i have became more important to me than riding....

·
Registered
44 Posts
<------ '00 CR500 here. I love hill climbing and desert riding. Plans are to turn it into a hill bike with a built motor and swing arm for Widowmaker '09.

Without racing competitively we are all just bench racing if we claim we are fast right? Lets put together an Ocotillo trip next season and find out whats up!!:yahoo:

·
Registered
96 Posts
mx is where we started. still race occasionally, turned pro in 1984, age sure does slow ya down. cr500 for trails & desert yz 450 for track. stupid moment was jumping the canal at glamis for crusty #4 & quicksand I still can get around a track for about 2 laps then my age kicks in!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would rate myself average on a bike. Been riding them on and off my whole life. Have owned CRs, XRs, an MR50, CRF, and now a lowly XR650L. But, I am having the time of my life going dual sporting with the guys from HRT Motorsports, Alumicraft, and Jimco.
We did another 164 mile ride on the 4th. Thats 3 weekends in a row, :p. The best part is just riding away from the house.
Just found a guy who says he can plate any green sticker bike. With that in mind, I am thinking about picking up a CRF450X and doing it up.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey, I just picked up a clean used 2001 YZ426 yesterday to add to the toy box. Whats the trick to getting it street legal? My brother got his 02 XR650R legal but it was a pain in the ass and he learned that any model after 02 is about impossible to legalize in California unless you do a frame swap.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Just found a guy who says he can plate any green sticker bike. With that in mind, I am thinking about picking up a CRF450X and doing it up.
Can you get the info Price. location, and if it is really possible? I mean I can buy the BajaDesign light and wiring stuff but i dont know if my engine will ever be able to pass a smog inspection? please get more info very interested here!!!

My guys at OC Honda can street legal any CFR450x you buy from them. You would need to let them do their thing and then pick it up at a cost of $1200 plus the purchase price. I missed my chance with them. i didnt have the relationship in 06 when I bought the bike. MY bad, not sure I can get it street legal now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Can you get the info Price. location, and if it is really possible? I mean I can buy the BajaDesign light and wiring stuff but i dont know if my engine will ever be able to pass a smog inspection? please get more info very interested here!!!

My guys at OC Honda can street legal any CFR450x you buy from them. You would need to let them do their thing and then pick it up at a cost of $1200 plus the purchase price. I missed my chance with them. i didnt have the relationship in 06 when I bought the bike. MY bad, not sure I can get it street legal now.
I don't know the tricks. It is a friend of a friend. He was riding a Calif plated WR450 when I met him on Saturday. I'll see what I can dig up and get back to you guys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts