Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us were up at Bee Canyon yesterday ..............................

O K ..Here's the story :::

I almost "Lost " my Rhino trying to get "" That one good hillclimb picture "

I was on a dirt mound across the othes side of the trail so I could get a good angle shot ..
I stood behind the rhino and leaned on the tailgate to steady myself while getting the shot
then the rhino started to ROLL down the grade ( P brake was ON )
So I quickly got to the drivers side to at least pull the steering wheel to the LEFT so the rhino wouldn't go into a 50 Ft dropoff and ravine
As we both are moving down the hill my goggles fall in front of my eyes ...I can't see a thing
I stumble on the hillside ... Still holding my $$$$ camera in my left hand I FALL in the dirt ....With my forearm and elbow under me I land on my ribs OUCH !! Still holding the camera
The rhino comes to rest with one wheel JUST on the edge of the dropoff !!!!
I'm Brushing myself off / checking on the personal damage / scrapes and sore ribs ..When a Female Ranger comes along " Are you O K ?? "
""Ya ,, Just slipped trying to get a picture "" I Told her

I have put on 3900 miles on that rhino and NEVER a scrach .....
Now I get sore ribs and road rash trying to get that special shot

I'm staying in the rollcage !!!!!!

Here's the spot , Some of you might know that hill climb::

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear you're ok, and the Rhino too, good thing it didn't go down the dropoff!!!
I don't have a picture of "That " spot
I was a little busy at the time and just glad I still had my ride in unbent condition

But I do have a pic. from another ride ,,just a few hundred yards up the trail
Just look to the left in the picture and you can see the angle of the drop-off

The Rhino in that one is 'High Desert Rhino ". Him and the ride were fine
Just a little dirty-er

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Wrap your ribs with ankle or wrist wrap. it helps if you wrap it up kind of tight, i have had cracked ribs wrap them up tight and you wont have those sudden jolts that cause the pain. its helps but only time will fix them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe the nice little female Ranger asked if you were okay and then she got out of her truck and flexed what ever she had by stating Oh by the way I'm just going to give you a warning for going off the main trail this time. Thanks for a great day and let me know about the night ride. Sounds like fun

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe the nice little female Ranger asked if you were okay and then she got out of her truck and flexed what ever she had by stating Oh by the way I'm just going to give you a warning for going off the main trail this time. Thanks for a great day and let me know about the night ride. Sounds like fun

HEY ,,,There you are
"bout time you got here .............

Did you get those other pics I sent you ?

YA ,, That's right .....You and Erik .. Up on the top of that hill climb enjoying the view ...
and I'm doing a rib-count inventory...
Didn't get that name ' Eat Dirt ' for nothing Ya know

I'm just lucky nobody filmed it and put it on you-tube

"" Dumb-Ass goes down the hill ""

·
Registered
157 Posts
Geez Ron dont be such a p%*^y!! :D Are ya lookin for sympathy or what?? J.K.!! Glad you're feelin good enough to type though. Thanks for being such a good trail boss. Take it easy and rest up those ribs for the next ride. By the way Ron, that moldwich from the general store I accidently ate just gave me a good case of the s%&#$ that's all. E.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By the way Ron, that moldwich from the general store I accidently ate just gave me a good case of the s%&#$ that's all. E.

O' Ya That's right .. Erik Got a YUMMY buro at the Pine Cove store !!!
They microwaved it for him and we back to the hilltop staging area

Well ,,He takes a huge bite out of that ol' boy and the inside looks like Blue Cheese !!
Special of the day ::: E-Coli in a tortilla

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks , And it is very steep , been there done that hill :yahoo:
Our friend ""The Lady Ranger "" TOLD us that they are going to start marking those hill climbs 'Off Limits " because they are not the main trail :mad:

Thanks for putting up that pic !!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts