Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
most people start with a machined sheave which gives you more top speed.
a duners kit is a new front spring and lighter weights for the sheave.
it holds the rpms higher longer, making it climb better. You get a little more low end punch, but give up a few mph on the top.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Rog is right. Again....

I beat this up on the other board about what you get out of it. The bottom line after riding is you get excellent RPM range on hill climbs, higher top speed, and no loss in torque.

If you only did the sheave alone, you would be MUCH higher on top speed. But doing the sheave alone actually will impact your climbing ability. By doing the duners kit, you will be a few MPH faster on top end, much better climbing ability, and a bit of a punch off the line.

Best all around mod I ever did. So far.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Rog is right. Again....

I beat this up on the other board about what you get out of it. The bottom line after riding is you get excellent RPM range on hill climbs, higher top speed, and no loss in torque.

If you only did the sheave alone, you would be MUCH higher on top speed. But doing the sheave alone actually will impact your climbing ability. By doing the duners kit, you will be a few MPH faster on top end, much better climbing ability, and a bit of a punch off the line.

Best all around mod I ever did. So far.
lets get that susp kit on Tim

Rog

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
it was good for me and at frist i had 18 gram whights in it then was told that is not good went to 13 grams and wow verry nice

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have an '07 660. A couple months ago I put on a KMS sheave, and a Dynatek CDI. Top speed went all the way to 53-55. Last week I put in the KMS duners kit. Top speed went down to 51-52. I haven't really ridden many good trails yet, so I can't tell you about hill climbing. I did notice a slight gain in low end torque.

These are probably the only mods I will do to my engine and I am glad I did them.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I have an '07 660. A couple months ago I put on a KMS sheave, and a Dynatek CDI. Top speed went all the way to 53-55. Last week I put in the KMS duners kit. Top speed went down to 51-52. I haven't really ridden many good trails yet, so I can't tell you about hill climbing. I did notice a slight gain in low end torque.

These are probably the only mods I will do to my engine and I am glad I did them.
What weights and spring were in your duners kit? your top speed should be the same.

Rog

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rog,

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. I am not sure that I am ready or willing to just tear into the sheave again at the moment. I will probably put another few desert rides into it and then maybe change out the weights when I do my next inspection.

Will the 14g weights change the bottom end??

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
i have 12 and 14 but still have not hit the limmiter saw 62 at the beach last trip to the beach ??

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Rog,

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. I am not sure that I am ready or willing to just tear into the sheave again at the moment. I will probably put another few desert rides into it and then maybe change out the weights when I do my next inspection.

Will the 14g weights change the bottom end??
A very small amount. the 12/13 combo works pretty good, with my 14's I can accelerate as fast as 1fast06's bronco clutched rhino to about 48, so I believe in my suggestions. he has more top end then I do though.

you could pull it and put half stock weights in it.

Rog

1 - 14 of 14 Posts