Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 91 4 Runner and more or less it now belongs to my #2 son and he parks it in the Frys at Country Club and Baseline. Well, he called and said the exhaust was missing. I told him to crawl under and see if there is a big hole where the catalytic converter should be. Sure enough the slime ball e'fin ground crawling sub-human things unbolted the cat and got their $24.99 for salvage. Why $24.99 because that is the magic number the salvage yards give out with out having to record the sale for the state. Hope that law gets changed damn fast.

The only saving grace is they stole a 17 year old converter. can't be worth that much in platinum now. Still, its the principal. Now the kid and I have to buy and replace and possibly get stolen again! Watch your stuff. I though of getting a locking gas cap but they would just drill a hole in tank. Ok, I've vented.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
i dont know where your from but i have a shop and will get it for you at my cost !!!!!!!sorry for the bullshit life throse

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
They stole the cat?? What worthless individuals!! :mad:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
yes and if you have a locking gas cap and they cut the fill tube to get your gas happened to a custermer of mine 250.00 in repair we vote no on a locking cap

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
i dont know where your from but i have a shop and will get it for you at my cost !!!!!!!sorry for the bullshit life throse
Very cool of you! :good:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have be in contact with Turbo. He's the man. Thank you.

All, Thanks for the support. Yes this type of theft is bad here in AZ. I work for Phoenix Park and Rec and the LEO came to our supervisors meeting with a presentation of the kinds of theft. Cat Converters from the city and private trucks, Copper from AC units ground mounted OR roof mounted and copper from ENERGIZED electrical connections! and is costing the tax payers lots more than the value of the item stolen because they do more damage tearing it up. The scrap yards are the biggest thieves by not reporting this to the LEO. If some scum shows up with a spool of copper wire. They give them $24.99. The LEO said they were lobbying the AZ legislature to get the laws changed.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
yes it is no shit at this time you need full coverage INS with vandalisum trust me it cheeper to pay 40 a month more than 500.00
every 6 months in repair

·
Registered
128 Posts
I hope the guy burned his ass on the asphalt. This is so big in Arizona now. They have even hit City and State vehicles at the Capital. Laws gotta change.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I guess its time to start super glueing razor blades back in unseen places where the fingers of these assholes reach but are out of sight. Just and old school trick for fuck head thieves to get whats coming to them

·
Registered
68 Posts
SOME GUYS FROM THE LOCAL LIQUOR STORE HAD HIS STOLEN SO HE WELDED THE NEW ONE IN PLACE AND I'LL BE DAMNED IF THE TWEEKERS DIDN'T HIT HIM AGAIN ABOUT TWO WEEKS LATER BUT WITH A BATTERY OPERATED SAWZALL THAT'S WHY YOU SHOOT THEM IN THE LEG FIRST AND THEN ASK THE ASSHOLE WHY HE'S UNDER YOUR CAR!!!:mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got a new cconverter today. When the kid gets off work we will put it on an try to keep it there. Thought I would weld it but they would just sawzall it off and do lots more damage.

PROPS to Turbo:clap::clap::clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts