Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Engine cover for rotax swap

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  liftedlq9 
#1 ·
Well finishing the install of the rotax into my o7 rhino cut the engine cover for the intake to go threw and installed. Made a few test runs down the street and the exaust melted a hole right threw the side of the cover. I allready wrapped the exhaust what are you guys with the swap dowing to prevent this any information or pictures would be help full.

#2 ·
The exhaust routing is very critical since they do get super hot. the exhaust cant be close to the plastic anywhere , you might buy some turbo style heat shielding to put on the engine cover.

#3 ·
Hillshooter-Do you possibly have any pics. of the holes for the intake? I know this doesn't help with your cover melting but would appreciate the info.

I am about to be up against something similar and am considering pop riveting some sheet metal on the inside of the cover and then adding insulation.

Thanks

#4 ·
been there done that on the rivets they get so hot they heat up and melt and pull out. i made some tabs that go on the bar under the seat and it pulls the engine cover towards the passenger seat 2-3" but definatley use some good heat shield material in there, i also fabbed up a generic heat shield along the pipe outta alluminum that helps alot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.