Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am sure everyone is familiar with those retaining springs that are put on the pipes when you install an exhaust...am I crazy or is there a tool to assist with this?

You know what I am referring to? It is the spring that holds one section of pipe to another.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
there is a tool for them. i just bend a nale and grab it with vise grips
to use for a handle. put nale around the spring end an pull.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
yes, there is a tool, it's called a brain, you have to be smarter than the spring.:D

I just use needlenose pliers, but the bent nail is a good idea. someone was using the right tool for the job.:good:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ok, I am sure everyone is familiar with those retaining springs that are put on the pipes when you install an exhaust...am I crazy or is there a tool to assist with this?

You know what I am referring to? It is the spring that holds one section of pipe to another.

Thanks in advance!
I know they sell that tool at most large Motorcycle shops, don't know whats in your area, but they sell them at Chapperal. Good luck :good:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
the tool is just like a big snap ring plier with littal hooks on the end insteed of littal nubs works great but most of the time there is not enuf room to use them and have to use needal nose

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...normally I just use a screwdriver, however, the space I need to get into is not allowing me to gain any leverage.

I have tried the needle nose in the past, but will give that another shot.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
IF you cant make that work use a spring puller for a car looks like a scrue driver but the end has a hooh on it GOOD LUCK

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it...needle nose worked this time :)

Now off to the ceramic coater :good:

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
yes, there is a tool, it's called a brain, you have to be smarter than the spring.:D

I just use needlenose pliers, but the bent nail is a good idea. someone was using the right tool for the job.:good:

lol...

this maybe?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm pretty sure Motion Pro makes a spring tool like you're describing. I think Pro Circuit Racing may have one too.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone...I think from now on the needle nose will be the first attempt :good:

@ s2k1, you are correct, they do :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Shoot DP, I was hoping to sell you that special spring tool (bent nail) Of course since it was you, it would definitely be at a reduced price....:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts