Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a stock 05 rhino which has a bad exhaust rattle. What i have found is that the header makes contact with the top of the rear diff. I have tried tightening the exhaust nuts in different way to lift the header of the rear diff. The problem then be comes an exhaust leak or I lose the nuts. Has any one come up with a cause for this problem or a solution?

rhino exhaust.jpg

rhino exhaust 2.jpg

Craig
Kodiak AK

"Drive it like you stole it"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lock washer are good for some application but due to the high tempature the lock washer fail. I look at putting washers or another nut on the back side of the exhaust flange which would lift the header up.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
On some models the can in the back hits the upper cross frame. you can loosen all the mounting points, (except the manifold bolts) and wedge something between the muff can and upper frame and then tighten all mounting points. this should take care of the problem.

·
Registered
141 Posts
On some models the can in the back hits the upper cross frame.
I know a couple guys who had this problem, and after trying everything else, they did a little muffler body work on the contact point, (tappity-tappity with the ball peen) and no more noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts