Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really starting to get aggravated, truck has gone in for oil leaks four times since the beginning of the year...yes four times in less than two months.

I have a 2007 F250 with the 6.0 POS diesel in it and 35K miles on the odometer.

Anyhow, just felt the need to vent...thanks!

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is rediculous is that this is a replacement from Ford for my 2003...and this one is even worse!

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no problem with the Cummins, it is just what its put in that is the problem ;)

LOL actually the new Rams are looking pretty nice!

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
We should close this thread now!!! because here it comes.

I think you should buy an Cadillac Escalade! 100k miles on mine and no real issues. I toe all the time with it. Great vehicle! and sexy to:good:

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not care what it says on the side as long as it works and I like it :good:

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
lol just stirring the pot, thats a nice setup:good:
yeah, but that new dually is badass, and I am not a chevy guy, but Jim has a nice truck, Effin Baller!! LOL

I am still of fan of the 7.3, the 6.0's just still seem to have trouble, but at least they have a better tranny than the older ones had.

Rog

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
the only thing he tows with it jim is his wifes purse, the guys at gds do all the towing .....:laugh:
Dosent eveyone in Glamis use the Valet Service?:)

i like my ford engine in my motorhome, I have that banks power package and it does pretty good for a gas engine. It pulls all my toys and we bring a bunch of stuff sometimes. Its the V10 and pulls at high rpms like 4500 sounds like its goning to blow anytime.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had an 04 F-250 6.0L POS!!! I had 46,000 miles on it and had it in the shop 18 times!! Yes 18!! Oil leaks, 4 turbos, 6 EGR valves and the list goes on. Ford wouldn't even talk to me. As soon as I got a lawyer their tune changed and they bought it back under the Calif. lemon law. I took the money and bought an 06 Chevy Duramax. No comparison!! I should have bought the GM in the first place. If you need the # of a good lemon law lawyer let me know. There have been 5 other guys I refered to my lawyer and they have won every case. Ford knows the 6.0 is a POS but won't admit it. Good luck, but from experience once the truck keeps giving you problems there is no permanent fix to it.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes I would like to talk to them, so if you would not mind that would be great...thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Lemon laws are different from state to state DP. I know I enforced the lemon law on my 04 Sick point 0. then my dumb ass decided to give Ford another chance by and bought the 05 Sick Point 0:mad: I had a main seal leak (was in the shop 6 times)1 blown turbo, and other small items. I asked around for a good Ford Dealer Diesel Tech, asked the service guy to have him work on my truck to fix the rear main seal leak , they had to remove the truck cab to fix the oil leak and 30k miles later, no oil and engine is running fine. Sometimes its the tech who causes more problems. I would suggest if you can't find a good tech, then enforce the Lemon Law if you can and buy a chevy, I know I would if I could:good:

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya they replaced my 03 with this 07...I am tired of having to take it in. Going by what I can tell from our Lemon Law here in AZ, I do not qualify cause I have over 25K miles.

Something is going to need to happen because this is completely retarded.

I only had one main seal leak, that was the first one, the rest have been the high pressure oil pump and the oil cooler...they are still trying to find out where this one is coming from.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts