Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the Kawasaki, FST, 2X and Bronco clutch sponsored Teryx qualified 1st setting fast time 5mph faster than the next closest UTV. Dan left FST Saturday morning at 2:00 a.m. after working tiresly with Torrey from FST and Jason Weller to complete the build. After not making it in time to tech and make Saturdays race the first time the Teryx hits the track it's a class above the rest. This not only shows the dedication that Torrey at FST and Dan have to the Arizona race reputation, it also shows the expertice Torrey has in suspension design and tuning as the Teryx has not seen 1 minute of testing the first time it hit the ground it qualified number 1 clearing doubles that others could only wish to get over. Another excellent job done by FST and Torrey and special thanks to Jason Weller for staying late to dyno tune Dans motor that was shipped in from the north east.:yahoo:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More FST Race Teryx Pics

A few more pics!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congrats to Bronco Dan for his 1st place qualifying position today!
Car looks good but I think Funco's is nicer in the looks department.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Dan lost power part way through the race, I do not know what happened. he was holding third behind Todd Arthur RHino and C. george Teryx with Bobby V holding fourth.

After a big body slamm by C. George on Todd Arthur, putting him off the track, ( HUGE BOO FROM THE STANDS) George finished first with Todd Arthur edging out Bobby V for second. By 2 ten thousands!!!!!!!!!

so 804cc teryx are pretty fast. but not that much faster than a well tuned Benchmark 686 or Weller 760 or 800.

Todd Arthur qualified first on Saturday by over 1.5 seconds over the 804cc Teryx of Chad George. Still first in points with Bobby V in second.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Just throwing the facts out there!!!

Rog

·
Registered
379 Posts
I heard that one of Dan's carburetors popped out of the intake. Bummer for him.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This was the cars first time hitting the dirt & it ran really well. If Dan (Bronco) would have had some seat time I don't think we would have had a chance. That Car Flat out run's. These KAWI'S bring a whole new player to the game. Great Job with the build. There were a bunch of people involved in order to get this car on the track this weekend. Great work Dan (Bronco) , FST, 2X motor sports, Crank Works, Weller Racing, & many others. We will all have to step it up a couple notches in Pomona.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts