Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey bros, my 28 ft toyhauler did not come with the fuel station on it when the previous owner bought it, any ideas on adding one for a low cost?? it has the hole in the frame, for the hose from the pump but no access door for the pump handle, no tank, no pump, it is pre wired and everything.. anybody add somethin like this to theirs?

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
i saw i guy at pismo that did it a fuw trips ago he got every thing from a traler repair place all new and it was half the coast than from the dealer and it was all the same stuff

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that kinda of the way i was thinking turbo, i want the fuel station but i am not going to pay a grip for it..

keep them coming..

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
i have a traler repair guy over buy my shop i will see how much a pump is and i know he can get the side door you just have to cut it out unless you have a traler where the door is under the traler easy in stall -last trip a buddy pulled his pump and rebilt it to get him throue the week all in 3 beers

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bet you can find the stuff at a rv salvage place. I have seen some wrecked toyhaulers they have to go somewhere. Buy the whole set up and alot of them just mount a box under the back part of the trailer to store the hose and what not. Just a thought let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Does the trailer have an onboard generator? If so the fuel station and gen usually share the same holding tank. You may need to plumb it up unless you have room to mount a second storage tank... just an FYI.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no on board gen, it came with a 4500 hoda great generator, but a major pain in the ass loading and unloading, will be adding an on board someday.

·
Registered
450 Posts
well keep in mind if you ever want to add an onboard gen you can go with a propane powered unit and plumb it off your propane tanks. That would be easier than adding a fuel cell that needs a pump because the propane is pressurized. Should be pretty easy. As for the fuel station I would go talk to an RV shop and ask them what you need... there may be a kit out there that has it all.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i have been trying the kit route for a year now and still have not found one, doesn't mean it's not out there just haven't found it yet, i think i will try the salvage yard idea..

and i agree on the generator / propane, idea, but it's hard to part with the chedder when i have a bitchen genny now, it's just that you almost blow a nut draggin it up and down the ramp.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
what about a stand up 30gal. gas cadie last i saw was $85.00 with elc. pump

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what about a stand up 30gal. gas cadie last i saw was $85.00 with elc. pump
that would work to, but i haul cans now and pouring isn't a big deal, just like the fuel tank idea, and truthfully if it's gonna be expensive i'd rather blow it on the Rhino, and keep filling it with gas cans, just looking for a low $$$ way to put the fuel station in.

But i will probably put somethin like that in a cabin if the butt muncher ever excepts my offer.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
i was thinking to mount it to the traler some how.they can lay flat without spilling and 85 bones is a cheep way to get this done/just a thought

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hey have you looked on ebay a guy at work got a pump and tank from there for under $350 he had to make it fit but it works and looks good

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
which one are you talking about turbo, i was thinkin you are talking about that gas caddie thing that some linked to me on the wheels with the little plastic gas pump nozzle, if it's that one i did not think they could mount horizontal.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
which one are you talking about turbo, i was thinkin you are talking about that gas caddie thing that some linked to me on the wheels with the little plastic gas pump nozzle, if it's that one i did not think they could mount horizontal.
YOu can use any FI fuel pump from a car or after market ( bosch) and a switch and connect it to those caddy nosels.

FOr the caddy just add a receiever hitch to your trailer and make a rack for it.

Rog

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
i have a buddy he puts it in his truck on its side. it might be a diferant one but he only payed 85.00 w/pump out of a catalog

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
The salvage yard is the way to go, You should be able to get everything you need of 1 wrecked trailer. Try arizona rv salvage in Phoenix

·
Registered
792 Posts
Any luck with finding a kit (box, fuel nozzle, fuel pump) I'm doing this to my trailer right now and I could use a few more things.
I already have the fuel tank.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts