Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had a fun ride this past Sunday. From our house we rode to Rock Corral in Johnson Valley, from there to Little Soggy dunes, then to Means dry lake and then to Giant Rock. After the heavy rains we had a week ago the landing strip near there is a "lake". The glass body buggy "Barney" practically floated. Didn't have a camera so no pics but John is happy about that!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This time we rode from our house to Emerson dry lake(shhhhh,it's on the base) then through some of the Hammer Trails. Some of that stuff was so rocky. A couple times we were on 2 wheels! We don't have long travel either. There were a few good sand hills too. Our 686 did good. All in all, it was a fun ride.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks jws, that was very informative.

Had a group of friends camping out by the rockpile this weekend I know they rode over to Giant Rock yesterday - mostly Rhino's maybe they will post some pics when they get back......... I had to work or I would of been there but I did score a deal on some Beard seats today so it all worked out:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We did see a couple of big mixed groups and some jeeps, but didn't talk to anyone. We live about a mile from Giant Rock , but did not go there.
Next weekend Morongo Basin Search and Rescue is holding an event, everybody welcome. I think it's at Means but could be wrong ?

·
Registered
735 Posts
We had a fun ride this past Sunday. From our house we rode to Rock Corral in Johnson Valley, from there to Little Soggy dunes, then to Means dry lake and then to Giant Rock. After the heavy rains we had a week ago the landing strip near there is a "lake". The glass body buggy "Barney" practically floated. Didn't have a camera so no pics but John is happy about that!!
What the heck, Granny. We were out there since Wednesday and you didn't come visit? We were camped off of Bessemer Mine Road, in the rock pile where a couple of kiddie tracks are. We went over to the dunes Sunday morning, and left Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
620 Posts
What the heck, Granny. We were out there since Wednesday and you didn't come visit? We were camped off of Bessemer Mine Road, in the rock pile where a couple of kiddie tracks are. We went over to the dunes Sunday morning, and left Sunday afternoon.
How far are they from soggy bottom?

·
Registered
735 Posts
If ya mean the dunes, about 6 miles from Soggy Dry.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts