Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over at the other web site :eek:, there was a thread about hooking up the fuel gauge on the oem display on 04-06, Has anybody done this or anybody figured it out?

:punish:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I ORIGINALLY POSTED THAT OVER THERE AND STILL NO ONE HAS FIGURED IT OUT. BUT I'M SURE SOMEONE HERE WILL.:good:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
do you need to know the wire colors from the dash to the sender??

I can get those tonight for ya.

Rog
the wire colors and also maybe the pin position on the cluster? I'm assuming the 07 will have a few extra wires going to the cluster that the 06 doesn't have.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It might not be worth the trouble...they aren't accurate. I still look at the tank.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I read on another site that it was not possible to do as those wires are in the cluster and not in the harness, you will have to crack open the display. I just added a aftermarket gas gauge and sender... Fast and easy... Haven't had time to look at myself but one of these days.

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
I actually needed to install a gauge in my Teryx as they felt for whatever reason the Teryx owners did not need one. Here is the one I am using:

BRP/Autometer Fuel Level Gauge KIT

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
here are the colors for the 07

From the sender they are Green with yellow stripe and a black with silver or gold dashes.

from digi dash same colors on one end of a 6 pin plug.

I do not know if that helps anyone, but i tried.

Rog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts