Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is thinking about getting a Rhino, and I was with her when we saw a pretty nice one for sale.

07 Silver sport edition, 48 hours if I remember right, bone stock except for a stereo (receiver mounted in dash and two speakers on the bottom front engine cover panel)... trailer included, for $9000. It looked real clean.

I think it's a pretty dang good deal... she's wondering if she can go lower but I think that would be pushing it... maybe 8500? After all, the market isn't the best. Oh yeah, the guy is moving, is why he is selling...

Just wondering what everyones' thoughts are on it...?

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Ya the market is pretty rough right now...The seller may be interested in negotiating a little, however, another item to keep in mind is that it may be financed, therefore, he will likely want to sell it for what he owes.

Seems like a decent deal though :)

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Ryan hate to say it but a new one is around 9kor so right? I would low ball them in todays market. Man i am the worst dont ever sell me anything but $7500 is feeling right for me.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? I guess I had high expectations. I thought 9 was already a pretty good deal... 7500 for a Rhino and trailer? Still seems low to me, but true the market is not the best.

I'll let her know. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Ryan, thats just me. I low ball everybody hoping I find the guy that is hurting. If she wants it 9k is actually a good deal for the Rhino and trailer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah. i wouldn't pay more than 8 for it. unless the trailer is really nice. 7500 for the rhino + whatever you think the trailer is worth.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Ya I was kinda figuring the trailer into the mix, if it was just the Rhino, I would definately or tried to get them to lower the price.

Let us know what happens my friend.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Your Rhino is pretty custom lots of one off stuff i think, dont want someone else problems and i havent seen it in person since glamis right? probably $8500 or so. I know you have 25k plus into this thing so its not fair. And you dont really want to sell it, sucka

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your Rhino is pretty custom lots of one off stuff i think, dont want someone else problems and i havent seen it in person since glamis right? probably $8500 or so. I know you have 25k plus into this thing so its not fair. And you dont really want to sell it, sucka
it was in stock form last time it went to glamis. times suck right now but not even close to 25k- I have the hook up ya know. lol

it helps to only pay 5500 for my rhino brand new!!:D

this was the last time in the dunes

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
That would be a good thread. How much do you really have into your Rhino? I dont mean parting it out price. i mean total r&d with other carbs you had to purchase to get the right one kind of total. Cause I went through several stereo's to get the right one. So all the stereo's count also I have three sets of Tires and rims all count twords total. I know some guys Max Powers and BoardHead's rhino would be up there me too. A friend rolled my Rhino to the tune of $6500 to get it back a little better than before, but that all counts twords my total.

Btw i do remember your Rhino, i knew you were fast cause you were hauling ass when I passed you!:yahoo: owwwwwwwww it is on in Glamis, we just need to keep it safe!

·
Registered
450 Posts
My brother told me he saw outside John Burr ... I think it was that they were selling 2008 700's with the 4 seater add on cage, rear seat and harness with custom wheels for $10400... had a whole bunch of them lined up. Thats pretty damn cheap for new.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My brother told me he saw outside John Burr ... I think it was that they were selling 2008 700's with the 4 seater add on cage, rear seat and harness with custom wheels for $10400... had a whole bunch of them lined up. Thats pretty damn cheap for new.
I am sure plus tax title lisence etc.... we advertised like that too at my dealerships until we got you sat down and then gave it too ya. lol:confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
ya but $10400 would still be good... hell my Rhino was roughly that plus tax with none of that added in.
well new ones you should be able to get it out the door for that price or cheaper.

you could add anywhere form 1000-3500 when all said and done after the 10400 price making it 11400-13900 for it which I bet they are doing if not more. Dealerships are sneaky you got to be careful. Trust me - I'm not proud of it but I sold stock Rhinos back in 05-06 and I mwan bone stock for 16000-17000 otd. Shit I once sold a new Stock ranger xp; when the Red ones first came out; at a sale event for 18000 otd. shit the damn thing wasnt even there I showed them a pic on the internet and had them do the paperwork and I had it delivered two days later.

Like I said Im not proud of the bikes I sold; so if you live in az and I sold you a bike- I am sorry but I had to pay the bills too ya know. lol

·
Registered
450 Posts
i hear ya... actually mine was $10129 OTD... but you figure the add ons gotta be worth at least another $1200 at normal mark up not considering the high mark up dealers charge plus installation... I dunno... seems like a pretty fair deal to me.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
lompoc yamaha 08. sil. sport 9800 6months no interest!!!there's the deal why buy one thrashed or toyed with

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Like I said Im not proud of the bikes I sold; so if you live in az and I sold you a bike- I am sorry but I had to pay the bills too ya know. lol[/QUOTE]

wow no wonder everyone thinks your an asshole lol j/k:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
wow no wonder everyone thinks your an asshole lol j/k:D

Yeah I know. That is way I liked selling parts rather then bikes. I had a cliental base that would fallow me to the different dealerships that I worked because they knew that I knew my shit and always gave them awesome deals.

The funny thing about selling bikes was- the people I ripped their head off on a deal always loved me; they even would sent people my way to sell them bikes. And the people that we made next to nothing and I made a mini; hated me and the dealership. :) and still thought they got ripped off. So I don’t know - kind of weird.

As being an enthusiast of the sport- I really did fill bad selling the bikes to fellow riders but I did like cashing those checks. So again I am sorry.
But if anyone needs any help buying a bike let me know- I can try to help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts