Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct where to get a descent grounding block. Not for a stereo, but the chassis wiring. I may be interested in a stereo application if it fits my needs. Just trying to avoid the inflated prices of Gold Plating which is not on my list of must haves

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Can anyone direct where to get a descent grounding block. Not for a stereo, but the chassis wiring. I may be interested in a stereo application if it fits my needs. Just trying to avoid the inflated prices of Gold Plating which is not on my list of must haves
Try summit racing or some hotrod supply houses. West Marine might carry some cool wiring blocks if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking for just a block to terminate all my grounds. Tried a terminal strip from Radio Shack and it looks hack. Too many wires and jumpers. I have seen solid blocks that have the screws built in no jumpers needed to go from each separate strip.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mantis. I am looking for just a straight bar that has some screws or set screws in it for the wires. I have seen some pics in the past, but cannot remember where.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
$20 bucks at grainger for term strip, cover and jumpers. Save 6 bucks if you don't want the cover. It would be much cleaner than all the bolts in the frame with wires going to them I have now. Too many projects too little time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got mine from BRP also. Napa has the same one. I think Painless also sells them(They are the ones who makes the fuse blocks).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a terminal strip like the one you posted court. I could not find the jumpers for it so used wire and connectors. I was hoping to eliminate it and all the crimp connectors. It does not look as good as I envisioned it. Some of it is my fault. Basically what I am looking for is a piece of bar stock with holes drilled in it where you stick the wires in from the side and set screw to smash them down. Guess I am being difficult

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are you looking for some thing like what is in your home breaker box ? if so just go to home depot at get a bus bar. plain and simple set screws and easy to mount

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thankls guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts