Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I do anything, what is everyones thoughts on installing some gallery software for this site?

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically it would allow people to upload images of rides or their machines. You could upload those images into the gallery and then post them on the site. Kinda like people go to Photo Bucket and upload their images and then link them in their posts. Instead of them being hosted elsewhere, they would be stored locally.

We could also store small videos as well (but you tube is usually a lot better for that)

The other thing is some people while at work are behind firewalls that block image hosting sites, therefore, if you post an image from that site, that user behind the firewall would be unable to see it.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Yes , i can rarely see pics at work. that is OK though for me.
having them hosted on here would be OK.

Thanks,
Rog

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think it's a good idea, I really like photopost and have it on my forum.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have installed and configured the media gallery. You will see a link to it in the nav bar labled 'Media Gallery'

Hope you all find it beneficial and use it :good:

Main Index - Yamaha Rhino Media Gallery

If someone would be kind enough to start us off with some Rhino images in there, I would like to test some stuff :)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
As long as it doesnt slow down the website like NAZIFORUMS then its ok...

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It shouldn't, but if anyone thinks it does, please let me know:good:

·
Registered
122 Posts
??

Hey DP,,, I tried to put some photos in the media gallery. When I click on the link,,, I get a screen that says the galleries are being worked on and they will be up soon.??

You know about this??

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey DP,,, I tried to put some photos in the media gallery. When I click on the link,,, I get a screen that says the galleries are being worked on and they will be up soon.??

You know about this??
Yes I know, working on some code for the gallery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts