Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I installed my Uni intake with the billet adapter today and retained the airbox. I'm not sure if I did this correctly but is it normal to have to cut out the factory inlet tube from the airbox and then fit the adapter into place? It came out clean but I thought all that was required was to drill the 4 mounting holes but it doesn't fit that way. BTW I used a Rigid Industries adapter.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey guys, I installed my Uni intake with the billet adapter today and retained the airbox. I'm not sure if I did this correctly but is it normal to have to cut out the factory inlet tube from the airbox and then fit the adapter into place? It came out clean but I thought all that was required was to drill the 4 mounting holes but it doesn't fit that way. BTW I used a Rigid Industries adapter.
I had to open the inlet hole for the billet adapter as well. Then drill the 4 holes. I installed the Dragon Fire adapter. Have you changed the snorkel? Trail Logic or RAIS offer them. You can even make your own with parts from Home Depot.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx... sounds like I did it right then. I didn't add the snorkel because I don't want to mess with the jetting. With the Uni inside the factory air box it doesn't flow any more air then my old Uni drop in did. The problem was I could not find a Yamaha dealer that stocked the factory filter and I needed the center cage from one because I damaged mine. It was easier/faster to order up the hardmount and convert it. Plus I like how the seal is tighter and when I go to the mountains I can pull the airbox lid off to help in the higher altitudes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts