Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Introducing Rotax Your Rhino!

39K views 101 replies 31 participants last post by  LBR 
#1 ·
Per Dieselpowereds permission _

After much anticipation, I'm very happy to introduce Rotax Your Rhino!

I have been working on producing a user friendly kit that will allow the average guy to install a Rotax 800cc vtwin into their Rhino with very minimal fabrication needed. The kit will come with the following:

3 engine mounts (powdercoated and color)
zinc plated hardware
shifter linkage
clamps and instructions for coolant provisions
drive shaft modification kit (front and rear)
blank dash plate for mounting Rotax dash and misc gauges (covers the factory dash hole)
billet shift knob with Rotax shift pattern enscribed (available seperate),
300m - heat treated through shaft (available seperate)
detailed instructions for instalation

I may be offering a wiring harness modification service and/or complete engine swap service if the demand is high enough.

Pricing and availabilty will be announced in the next thirty days after testing has been completed. With that said, please be patient, and understand that I am doing this in the interest of the consumer, while trying to keep costs down as low as possible to ensure that this swap is affordable for everyone! HUGE thanks goes out to Greg Frantz, and Lonestar Racing for design and fabrication! Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions welcome! :)

See less See more
#7 ·
This is good stuff because we need to remember that, unless hell freezes over, the CanAm SxS is to hit the market. Speculations have ranged from 800up to 1200 sizes. Depending on the obvious variables like price, looks, engine size etc that could be the bad boy that reduces the urge to do swaps, just buy the CanAm instead....can you say Terex & Brute force in the same sentence:wave: LBR

#16 ·
mounts

if I'm right by looking at the picture, I think I would redesign the mounts so that they don't bolt or drill through the cheezy 16 guage skid plates but mount upto the 2x3" framerails,just my two cents....do they come in black instead of resale read?....rotax's mounted off of the stock rhino skid plates only fatique the skid plates and eventually fail, just what I've seen...but I like the idea of a complete package for the install,keep it up...

#18 · (Edited)
I think magnum produced a really good mounting system.....The exhaust is really the key..... there is a lot of heat built up in the engine cover....you don't have to worry about heated seats:D... Everything else personal preference.;) The swap will put a smile on your face:yahoo:

#21 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

The rear mount has been proven structurally. Mounting the rear to the frame would be stronger, but it would also add quite a bit to the price. Unfortunately, thats the only way to make the mount for a 700 I believe.

#22 ·
Didnt you go to desert dog and tell jay you wanted to do a swap and Jay let you take a bunch of pictures with your camera, I guess you were full of shit and all you wanted to do was steal his ideas for free. Kind of chicken shit if I must say myself. Nice copy of the thru shaft too hope it works out for you. Get an original idea of your own instead of stealing someone elses ideas.

#32 ·
Im trying hard right now to be nice. But everyone I know will tell ya I have a bad way of being politically incorrect and very frank about the way I see things. So if anyone disagrees with me calling him a fucking sack O shit for lying to my friends face oh well. How would you guys feel about people Lying like that to your friends, probably not good Huh. I will always be there for my friends Ive got there back. So FUCK this guy brian the LIAR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.