Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see some air shots of Rhinos only running aftermarket shocks on stock arms and get some opinions from you guys. I don't wanna hear to just get LT or MT. I have other hobbies and bills and am not interested in spending that much right now. Ideally I'd like to go with after market shocks that are compatible to a MT kit later on. I know you can land from some good air with the F18's properly set up as there is a driver in the race series that only runs F18's and is very successful. I am not after launching my Rhino but its nice to see what it could handle and drive away from.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'd like to see some air shots of Rhinos only running aftermarket shocks on stock arms and get some opinions from you guys. I don't wanna hear to just get LT or MT. I have other hobbies and bills and am not interested in spending that much right now. Ideally I'd like to go with after market shocks that are compatible to a MT kit later on. I know you can land from some good air with the F18's properly set up as there is a driver in the race series that only runs F18's and is very successful. I am not after launching my Rhino but its nice to see what it could handle and drive away from.
get ahold of makin-trax (steve) from afco shocks, he will not only get you the right shocks, he will spend the time to set them up so you know there right.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I 2nd that. Steve is the man. I just got a set that of shocks from him that I will be testing this week....

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Search for some regis harrington clips from the MX4S series....He airs that rig out with stock arms.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Just go with one of these so later on if you want to upgrade to a kit you can....
1. WERs
2. Bilsteins
3. Afcos
4. Ishocks

I did the WERs for about 6-8 months on stock arms and they are awesome, they are night and day difference over stock shocks, the control you get back is unbelievable....should be everyones first upgrade after harnesses, IMO they are part of the safety package!
and should be done before any real engine work! PLUS its a way funner ride with good suspension!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'll try to dig up the video of James Hill passing Regis over the table top at round 2 of the M4SxS series Super Stock Race. James is currently 1st in points and Code Rahders is 2nd in points in the Super Stock Class. Both run AFCO Racing Shocks right out of the box, same as we sell to everyone else.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Now I can see it at home, the winner is running I-Shock, (ron #13)

And yes Cody is still running well out there with his afcos, I saw the last race at elsinore.

All of the aftermarket shocks are a great impovement over the stockers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Finding the Aftermarket O.E.M. shock for you is a matter of preference. Bilstein, WER's, AFCO, I-Shock, Elka, ect........... comes down to what you are looking to accomplish in your purchase. Asking on a board is like asking what's the best flavor at Baskin-Robbins is. Let's face it, do you really think that after spending $1300 to $2500 or more for shocks they're going to admit they spent too much or they didn't make the right choice? Hell no, they are not convincing you, they're still convincing themselves. LOL:) All the above shocks are great. Even a shock shootout would not prove to find you what is best for you. Talking with the recommenders about the specific riding styles and how there choice saticfies their needs would be more useful than the same old cookie cutter responses. When shopping ask some specific questions like low speed ride, adjustability, fade, high speed ride, bottoming, bucking, customer service, durability, all around use. Know what you want out of your purchase and you will narrow your search. I recommend other brands other than AFCO all the time because I feel that other brand better suits that potential customers needs. Saves me a lot of greif with setup and customer service. If you were to call me and tell me what you want out of your purchase, I'll give you an honest opinion if we can satisfy you or you really need to go buy a different brand. Good luck all.:good:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts