Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has to be first..... I found the best way to prep the plastics is to scuff them all with a 000 Scotch-brite pad and then use a tac rag just before spraying. I used the Fusion for the first coat and then you can use any other paint type for second and third colors

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good idea, I used the scotchbrite pad also with the Fusion paint, Ive gone through brush and and did not scrap paint off only mild scratches in paint easy touch up.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Same here, I put down three coats and then Duplicolor clear to protect from blasting on my side panels, came out pretty good to.

Rog

·
Registered
102 Posts
I used the fusion.....sanded lightly with some 800 grit. Everything seemed to work fine except I am getting some spots that are smooth and some rough spots. There is a lot of paint dust coming off if you just rub your hand across the rough spots. Any clue whats going on? Am I doing this wrong?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vtec, that is basically over spray that your rubbing off. The trick seems to be applying as wet a coat as possible without making it run

Attachments

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
thats sick dirty... great job. :good:

lookin to do the same to mine here pretty soon.

hey rog, you painted your rhino yourself????

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
damn, I'm a hurtin' ninja right now. I might have to do a Krylon facelift instead of sending to my painter buddy...
Did you tape off your garage and make a paint "booth" out of it? What other prep shit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.