Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have never been in anyone elses rhino to compare..but when i turn on the key the fuel pump chatters rather loud..i meen loud. i have only had this baby for a short while but it has done it since i got it..also i have 250 hours?
it seems to work fine,,not clogged and doesnt ever starve for gas etccc,,btw. its an o6.660

hey hep me out...thanks guys

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I have an 06 Rhino and my fuel pump has never been loud that i noticed? My fuel pump did go bad this last season, so i replaced it with an after market pump and the Rhino seemed to be a little faster.

Not sure if the pump was slowly going bad or something and thats why i noticed the improvement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kinda figured i should just swap it out..its pretty damn loud and chattery
did you just go thru yamaha and get a direct replacement or ebay or ????

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would first verify that it is the fuel pump by seeing if you can feel the vibration. If you can replace it. It bet braking down in the middle of no where or missing out on some good riding. I would buy a new fuel pump rather than a "used but good" for the stand point of fuel pumps only have a unknow amount of hours in them. And some one already used up half of them. I would stay with a factory fuel pump. It will be easier to troubleshoot future fuel problems.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I bought my fuel pump on Vendor row from Gilmores offroad in Glamis. After i broke down lol

stock Rhino parts are so expensive sometimes

try Unleashedutv.com or Utvcrap.com

they both have web sites and they might have a less expensive better fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts