Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here using the GlobalMap 540C in their machine? Interested to know what you all think of them.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
A whole bunch of Booyaa crew has them installed, and Jimmy has about everything you could want at the dunes marked. :eek:k:

Rog

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might have to talk to him about burning the maps he made onto a SD card for me :)

I am still working out how I want to mount mine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So far my 540C has been great. Once you have it installed, I would recommend reading Page 106 of the manual. I changed the max points on a trail from 2,000 to 9,999 after I did one ride and the beginning of my route got wiped out.

It took a while to figure out why the freaking beginning of my ride disappeared off the map.:mad:

I think you really have to read the manual on this gadget to fully understand what it can do.

Attachments

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, a lot...I would really like to mount mine in a location like that, however, on the Teryx, it is a tad difficult. I am thinking it is going to have to be mounted to the cage, but we will see.

I have been going through the manual...I had heard there is a simulator for the 540C, however, have been unable to find it. Found simulators for a ton of them, just not the 540C :(

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn Teryx dash...see that works out great in the Rhino dash!! :mad:

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya it is looking like I will be doing mine the same. I think that is SoCalKarts Teryx.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks man, I will check it out!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Check this out...this is how I'm gonna do mine.
Yah thats SoCalKarts Teryx at Thads shop! And thats not a Tommy's Cup (or a coors light) in the background Thad!

JimmmyZZ
Eat at Original Tommy's! We now have 32 Locations serving The Worlds Best Chili Burgers, Hot Dogs, Tamales, & Chili Cheese Fries!

just a plug!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
dam good eye jimmy.:D aI saw your double decker bus add pretty sweet looking. OK OK Back to the thread..

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We were looking at possibly putting it where the cupholders are, however, I think the dash does not cooperate in that area.

We will see what happens, I will have to take it with me down to Unleashed tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Ran my new 540c all weekend and the thing works perfect. I thought if I bounced it or tried to break it I would, nope not a clitch. really a good choice.

i rode with SoCalKarts Teryx all weekend and that is a nice ride!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Do any of our vendor's sell these, if so how much?! ;)
Google search and you will find the best price.

For a similar type by lowrance you can get an Eagle Intellimap also, Less resolution, same features. less money, for the budget minded person.

Rog

1 - 20 of 39 Posts