Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you guys running a Mason Kit (now SDR). What do you guys think of it? I tested out a Mason Kit about a year or two ago but I am not sure if any changes have been made.

How do the Fox Shocks work with the kit? Anybody had any problems with the kit?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure yet.... but I will say there is a possibility that I know of a used MTS Kit with Billsteins going up for sale.

I am just looking around right now. I am happy with my ride but I am bored and I like to try new things.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come on dude.... XMF all the way buddie!
I sent a PM or two to Bill at XMF about 3 months ago. He didnt seem very eager to sale me a LT Kit. So I moved on....... I have no experience with the XMF Kit but I was willing to take a look at it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I sent a PM or two to Bill at XMF about 3 months ago. He didnt seem very eager to sale me a LT Kit. So I moved on....... I have no experience with the XMF Kit but I was willing to take a look at it.
Really? Them guys have been great with me. I am in Yuma so i have to do most of my dial in help over the phone but then send my what ever springs i want to try out and then send the ones i dont want back for nothing. THey also helped me out with getting my front end dialed in. I couldnt be happier... Ima have to send him a shot asking him whats up! My friend has the mason rhino and it rode pretty good just seemed to buck threw the woops more than it should. Might just need some valving not to sure.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bucking through the whoops has nothing to do with control arms. The Mason kit is great, IMO one of the best (and original) LT kits out there.

Just keep in mind that the #1 reason on which LT kit to purchase (again, just my opinion) should be customer service & support. All the kits out there are very similiar, it all comes down to who's gonna help you dial it in for your specific ride and stand behind it after it's on.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Bucking through the whoops has nothing to do with control arms.
I guess that means you choose which parts of my sentence you want to comment on? I never said it had anything to do with the arms, and that it prolly needs some valving work.....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just keep in mind that the #1 reason on which LT kit to purchase (again, just my opinion) should be customer service & support. All the kits out there are very similiar, it all comes down to who's gonna help you dial it in for your specific ride and stand behind it after it's on.
i will agree with that though. :good:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mike - We are working a deal with Tim right now to begin testing with his arms and dial in some shock packages to sell with his kits. We as well are going to put together bolt-on shock towers so we can use a longer shock so we can get a dual rate spring setup on and get off of the stock shock mounts to correct the shock angle.:good:

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Mike - We are working a deal with Tim right now to begin testing with his arms and dial in some shock packages to sell with his kits. We as well are going to put together bolt-on shock towers so we can use a longer shock so we can get a dual rate spring setup on and get off of the stock shock mounts to correct the shock angle.:good:

Hmmmmmmm, sound like an LSR idea!!!

great way to make improvements to these kits Steve, with your shock knowledge that should work great.

Rog

·
Registered
152 Posts
I guess that means you choose which parts of my sentence you want to comment on? I never said it had anything to do with the arms, and that it prolly needs some valving work.....
I wasn't quoting you. If I had, I would have used the "Quote" button. I was speaking to Mike about a comment I read that's all. So sorry if it upset you.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I wasn't quoting you. If I had, I would have used the "Quote" button. I was speaking to Mike about a comment I read that's all. So sorry if it upset you.
guess i just figured since you were commenting on something i wrote in a post right after mine that you were talking about me guess not.... BTW... i PMed you a while back about a head set and never herd back from you?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the SDR Motorsports kit and I love it. Its really good in the rough stuff. Very well built too, nice and strong due to the boxed design. Tim at SDR will be selling the exact same kit that Mason sold, built by the same manufacturers. So Im sure the quality will stay the same or get even better. Also, Tim is known for his great customer service, so thats always worth alot in my eyes.

We run the LT6 on our race rhino with the stock shock mount locations (for the time being), with the FOX external resevoir comp. adjustable shocks. My buddy also has the same kit on his 4 seat desert cruiser, but with the FOX piggybacks.

We are both very happy with the kits. If you have any more specific questions, let me know. I havent had a single problem with mine.

Also, I upgraded my kit by replacing the upper control arm adapter bolt with a 5/8" bolt and uniball missalignment spacers. (had to drill out the spindle). Mason supplied all the hardware for free for me, after I contacted them about getting a new adapter bolt that I had cross threaded. Much beefier setup. They suggest it for racing, and I can see why.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks guys.

We (SDR) put together the deal with Mason to continue on with the LT kit they designed simply because as a Mason Dealer I sold over fifty of their kits with absolutely ZERO problems. So when the opportunity came to take over the product, we jumped at the chance.

For the record, the only difference on the kit today is the decal we put on the arms. We have not, and will not be making any changes to the original kit design or material specs.

We are stoked to be working with Steve to come up with alternate choices for shocks that we hope will make the kit even better, however we will always offer the kit with the Mason developed Fox set-up.

We are also working on a less expensive version using replacement axles but until we have ran the living snot out of them we will continue to offer the kit with gorilla axles only.

There are a ton of choices out there in LT kits, and some are good, some are not so good. its buyer beware as always when buying something like this ($$$) for your rig. We are proud and grateful to have our kit be considered among the best.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts