Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I am new to rhinotalk. I have an 07 Rhino 660 with Dnyatek CDI, Dnyatek Coil. Other than that it is pretty much stock. I recently purchased a Muzzy Dual Exhaust System and Jet Kit that I will be installing. I need some advice. I am going to the desert this weekend and will not have time to install the Muzzy Exhaust and figure out my jetting. I do have the time to install the Muzzy Exhaust without doing the jetting. Should I wait until I have time to do both or should I install the exhaust w/o the jetting and go? If I do not jet right now might I have problems since my Rhino will probably be running lean? Will it run like crap w/o the jetting?

Your advice will help me decide whether to install the Exhaust w/o jetting and go to the desert or just wait and install later when I have time to do both.

Tx,
Jonquest :D

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
try a 162 or 165 main for this trip, you def should not run lean this way, also maybe run mix screw out 2-2.5 turns out.

if you have time, then take top off and flip thick and thin needle washers on the needle.

this should get you in the ball park.

Rog

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I think I will wait until I have the time to install the exhaust and jetting. I am sure I am going to miss the performance gains thought. Do I need to do any adjusting to my carb with the addition of the CDI and Ignition Coil? It ran fine with just the CDI but I just added the coil last night and don't want to damage anything.

Jon

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I think I will wait until I have the time to install the exhaust and jetting. I am sure I am going to miss the performance gains thought. Do I need to do any adjusting to my carb with the addition of the CDI and Ignition Coil? It ran fine with just the CDI but I just added the coil last night and don't want to damage anything.

Jon
no, neither will affect jetting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts