Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some pics of our trip over the fourth to the Cinders in Flagstaff, Az.
The place is really fun and steep....lots of whooooooops!
Rained every day for about 30 min....Perfect after dealin with highs of 110-115 in Vegas!

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Been in AZ for 12 years and have never been to the Cinders. Looks like a pretty cool place!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Been in AZ for 12 years and have never been to the Cinders. Looks like a pretty cool place!
I have not been here that long but it looks like I definitely need to make a trip up there to check it out, looks like good times.
Rick

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hmm...Ive never been there and its a little over 2 hours away. Looks cool! Do the cinders sand blast the under carriage of the rhino.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its really a good time there....we saw Elk on a dinner ride, and what we thought were antelope might have just been two small bucks??? The hill you see the pic of the rail on is $100 hill and the rail had to turn around right there where you see him in the pic...its steeeep! The pic of my friend is of him standing at the edge looking down...you cant see down it... its too f'n steep. Someone said it was 900+' @ 57* dont know if thats a true fact or not but did I say its f'n steeep! Kid in our camp did it on his quad he's just barely14.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Cinders

Its a great plat to ride there are alot of long steep climbs and later in the summer when it rains every afternoon its great less dust. Good suspension testing you can find some of the biggest whoops around.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what is Cinders?

Joey its like riding in 1-2' gravel...

The cinders are from the volcanic rock...its pretty cool you should def. go once... theres craters to go to....lava tubes(caves)...grand canyon isnt very far from there for the guys w/ family's, Flags a cool town to go into..

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Cinders are Great..Now is the perfect time of the year because the rain helps with the dust,I will be spending the night there on the 16th on my way to Colorado.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also met the owner of Noisy Toyz(Greg) out there he was hawkin his "chino" out there(the ruesch)....I took it for a ride and ummmmm I was not that impressed unless your broke and thats your only option.. I wouldnt do it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For living as close as I do we have never made the trip. I have heard the horror stories of dust and messed up paddles and plastice. Might have to check it out once though.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Haven't been ther since early 2000's when i took my 4.3l 300hp v6 rail there. It made 100 dollar hill in second gear zinging the rpm's. That wasn't the bad part, coming down was. the ass end tried passing me every chance it had. VERY SCARY! Nice area though.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haven't been ther since early 2000's when i took my 4.3l 300hp v6 rail there. It made 100 dollar hill in second gear zinging the rpm's. That wasn't the bad part, coming down was. the ass end tried passing me every chance it had. VERY SCARY! Nice area though.
We watched 3 diff. rails try that hill and bail out about 3/4 of the way up...either you got some set balls or your rail does!:p

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
No bullshit, 6500 rpm from the v6, shredded my paddles out there. my wife only went up once and mother fucked me when i tried taking her up again. My bro was my co pilot after that. About 4 times and after the back end tried coming around on me really bad, my balls shrunk quickly. Nice view up there too. Remember back then rails weren't as heavy either. It was a widedned beam car with 10" travel that weighed 1400 lbs. Power to weight ratio was good. Not so sure my balls are that big anymore though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bryan,

Don't be so nice... If I remember you said "It was the biggest piece of Sh** you ever rode". Broken suspension, oil leaks, rattles and more... I remember your face after the guy left... hahahahaha...

Bix

1 - 20 of 22 Posts