Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have it setup to notify you of new posts via e mail, are you receiving the e mails?

Spoke to one member that says he is not, and I am racking my brain trying to figure out what the problem could be.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm ok ya it is working for me as well.

Well back to trouble shooting for him :)

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes there sure if, if you go into your 'UserCP' and then click 'Edit Options' On that page you will see where it mentions 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' and you will have options there to choose from.

You will also notice that if you go into your 'UserCP' and then click 'List Subscriptions' that will show you all the topics you are subscribed to, in that same screen you will be able to unsubscribe from those topics, therefore, not receiving e mails from those specific topics.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am receiving them.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, appreciate you taking the time.

Yes, those e mails can add up very quickly...I think I am going to turn it off by default.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Works fine for me too. At first they weren't but then went back into my account and set the default up so they would. I was getting them sent to my Spam folder fist. I put a quick end to that :mad:

Have him check his email spam folder first.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm getting them, infact i was getting too many of them lol i forgot to turn it off when signed up.

Good idea to have it set to off by default.

·
Registered
117 Posts
These are the best of any forum i've ever seen because it says what the poster said. It's nice on the crackberry to not have to find a PC to see the comment:good:.
But, they seem really slow and come in way after the post. RF and GD notices are usually nearly isntant for me?

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh ya, that is something that I did not modify...I could change some code in the software and make it so you would have to actually visit the site to view the reponse, however, a lot of people may just like to read it in their e mail and then respond later. They should be sent instantly, do you have it set up for instant notification or daily?

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
yes I am getting e-mails, and it is nice to just go through and browse the reply's in the e-mail so i dont have to actually go to the site to see the reply.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I get mine. I do have a question if you turn off email notification, but want one on specific thread can you turn it on just for that specific thread in the thread tools or is it all or nothing?

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I get mine. I do have a question if you turn off email notification, but want one on specific thread can you turn it on just for that specific thread in the thread tools or is it all or nothing?
Absolutely, you can turn it off so that it does not automatically subscribe you to every post you reply in, but you can subscribe to individual topics and receive e mails on just those. Does that make sense?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts