Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are think about getting the new Stellar F38LKSG. Does anyone have a Stellar trailer? If so have you had any problems?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Our friend in camp has a 27 or 28' Steller. Awsome trailer. one of the best floor plans I have seen. 2 seasons old now and no problems.
I don't think WW trailers will be that cheap. They are still offering the warrantys through the local sales lots and the dealer isn't going to loose any money they bought it for. Yes they have a huge mark up but I don't think it's going to drop anything like you guys think it will.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like the 40 footer with a 16 foot garage and 4 slides. Never thought I would want one with a garage but 16 feet that is huge. Plus it would make a good poker room when at camp.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We looked at one that thing is HUGE!! very nice. If I hooked my truck to that my bumper would drag the ground................

·
Registered
96 Posts
We are think about getting the new Stellar F38LKSG. Does anyone have a Stellar trailer? If so have you had any problems?
well.... we just picked up the stellar 5th wheel.. not very happy.. the back door doesnt latch very good with the new handle locks they have on there.. so our door moves in and out about an inch when we move it... the whisper quite generator is a joke... we think they have it pushed up against the back cabinet so it vibrates real bad in the bedroom(which might not be a bad thing):yahoo::clap: just kidding... well that is what we have found so far.... its too hot.. we will be checking it out more when the big fire ball goes down.. but its probably going back tommorrow..

has anyone seen the hidges they have on the back doors?? with the locks??? they suck thats all i know..
:mad:

·
Registered
770 Posts
well.... we just picked up the stellar 5th wheel.. not very happy.. the back door doesnt latch very good with the new handle locks they have on there.. so our door moves in and out about an inch when we move it... the whisper quite generator is a joke... we think they have it pushed up against the back cabinet so it vibrates real bad in the bedroom(which might not be a bad thing):yahoo::clap: just kidding... well that is what we have found so far.... its too hot.. we will be checking it out more when the big fire ball goes down.. but its probably going back tommorrow..

has anyone seen the hidges they have on the back doors?? with the locks??? they suck thats all i know..
:mad:
Wow, so sorry I did not see this post earlier. My buddy had an 07 23footer and had nothing but problems. Fuel station would not work, Generator transfer switch would sometimes not transfer, rear bed would not stay up. He would get so pissed off he would go home early on sum trips we went on.:mad: he has since traded it in and bought a gearbox and is very happy. Stellars are made by Eclipse and that is same company with makes Attitude that I use to Have that was also a piece of junk. Hope ever thing works out for you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow, so sorry I did not see this post earlier. My buddy had an 07 23footer and had nothing but problems. Fuel station would not work, Generator transfer switch would sometimes not transfer, rear bed would not stay up. He would get so pissed off he would go home early on sum trips we went on.:mad: he has since traded it in and bought a gearbox and is very happy. Stellars are made by Eclipse and that is same company with makes Attitude that I use to Have that was also a piece of junk. Hope ever thing works out for you.

oh well we will make the best of it...
my husband is dragging it back to the lot to fix the things that are wrong...
he read that the generater should be 1 inch from the back wall and its up against the wall.. and it looks like some rubber groumets are missing from the back door hinges..
as long as both our rhino's fit inside thats all i care about......
oh ya we are going to have to trim some trees to get it in the backyard..lolol

·
Registered
96 Posts
we are convinced that all trailers are a piece of $hit... if they are going to build cheap stuff then SELL it for cheap...

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I've got a 23'er and love it.... do a proper inspection and get a warrenty, on ANY brand trailer you purchase.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about some of the probelms some of you have had with our product that is why I'm on here now to see how I can help. If you need help PM me and I will see what strings I can pull to get them fixed...

we actually have it back at the dealers.. which my husband had to leave work to do so.... we will see when we pick it up..

we have two major trip coming up and we need to get the trailer ready...

thanks for your concern.

i will take all the help i can get thanks....

the back door locks..? they are weak, they allow the door to move about 2 inches when in motion.. and doesnt seal at all... i would rather have the other latches with the bar all the way across.

what generator goes with the stellar 38 ft 5th wheel?? we have the generac.
we had 2 generator manuals.. one was a onan and the other was the generac?? i heard generac isnt that good...??
plus.. it is pushed up against the back was of the cabinet . causing the bedroom to vibrate and was very loud. i couldnt hear the tv with the volume max'd out.

we only had it for 12 hours.. :confused:

ours is alittle defferent to the pic you have there

·
Registered
203 Posts
From our experiences with toy haulers, they all have problems. The only difference is which manufacturer or dealer will take care of the problems.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
from our experiences with toy haulers, they all have problems. The only difference is which manufacturer or dealer will take care of the problems.
amen!

·
Registered
770 Posts
From our experiences with toy haulers, they all have problems. The only difference is which manufacturer or dealer will take care of the problems.
Very true, but gets real old real fast always hitching up the trailer and dragging it to the dealer.:mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
we actually have it back at the dealers.. which my husband had to leave work to do so.... we will see when we pick it up..

we have two major trip coming up and we need to get the trailer ready...

thanks for your concern.

i will take all the help i can get thanks....

the back door locks..? they are weak, they allow the door to move about 2 inches when in motion.. and doesnt seal at all... i would rather have the other latches with the bar all the way across.

what generator goes with the stellar 38 ft 5th wheel?? we have the generac.
we had 2 generator manuals.. one was a onan and the other was the generac?? i heard generac isnt that good...??
plus.. it is pushed up against the back was of the cabinet . causing the bedroom to vibrate and was very loud. i couldnt hear the tv with the volume max'd out.

we only had it for 12 hours.. :confused:

ours is alittle defferent to the pic you have there
It sounds as if the door locks are missing the rubber bumper that helps create the seal.

As for the Gen. we switch to the Onan product due to they final lowered the cost due to slow sales with other MFG's going out of business and we were able to add them to our price point with out a huge increase.

As for the gen mounted to close to the compartment, we are sorry about that and have you had your dealer send in a warranty claim for it?

We have had very little problems with Guardian Gen's, the reason we switched was because our dealers told us it was an easier sale for them.

If your ever need any help please PM me and I will see how I might be able to help you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a two attitudes a 23 foot FSAk and and 36 ft 5ver with slides.
I chose the attitude for its durability vs price point. I have loaded mine up heavy and never have to worry about tweaking the frame and their quality has dramatically improved during the years. Realistically they will never be like an inferno or other customized RV on wheels. They were meant as a price point trailer that is a great value for the money.

Unfortunately many times people buy trailers like they buy washing machines. They listen to the salesman and buy one that looks good on the lot.

Buying a trailer or 5ver should involve some time thinking about what you need. more storage vs more windows, sleep size vs kitchen size, quality interior vs durable interior.:confused:if you get my drift.

Just my 2 cents and no I am not RV.netizon or whatever they call themselves.
You could always do worse and by an american trailer for those of you in socal.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts