Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Toy Haulers and wondering what to look for. I am thinking one of the biggest problems is door or garage dimensions. I am looking for something small 25 to 27 ft bumper pull and only needs to sleep 2 adults. Any hints on what to look for or stay away from?
Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
0 Posts
Stay away from cheap shit! with that being said buy a Weekend Warrior! FS2500 is what I have....will sleep many more than 2 but will give you plenty of room for hauling your rhino and a small quad or a Rhino and a few bikes...I recommend it because thats what I have and I love it....i have been fortunate enough to not have any problems so far!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
When you shop around and look at them you will see the difference in craftmenship. I would say a ONAN genny is a MUST. I think the rear door heights are pretty much all the same. Make sure that the rear bed swings up high...I guess that could be a problem......You will find what you like. I bought my WeekendWarrior for 2 reasons. 1 they have been on the market forever ( which that may be changing soon:mad: ) and 2 The craftmenship seemed 2nd to none. Good Luck

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Stay away from cheap shit! with that being said buy a Weekend Warrior! FS2500 is what I have....will sleep many more than 2 but will give you plenty of room for hauling your rhino and a small quad or a Rhino and a few bikes...I recommend it because thats what I have and I love it....i have been fortunate enough to not have any problems so far!

joey, you couldnt pay me to get into WW right now, they are having huge issues right now, no warranties at all, no warranty work for 60 days minimum, go to GD.com and search weekend warrior, some bad news over there. check it out for yourself...
Weekend Warrior Warranty Is Gone - GlamisDunes.com
Weekend Warrior Is Gone? - GlamisDunes.com

this might influence your decision.
when i was in pismo last weekend, i saw more attitude and stellar trailers than any other brand even warrior, thats unusual.. Eclipse is making some real sick shit lately..

·
Registered
481 Posts
toyhaulers

nevermind the creature comforts, bring a towell to lay on,get underneath and look at the size of the chassis members,the weld quality,the supporting members of the holding tanks,the routing of the wires through the steel,grommetted or just rubbing on steel...its the chassis first then the creature comforts....some members are only welded on one side,good quality trailers are welded all around the unions....there's more to a good quality trailer than just fancy counters and nice graffics....later,cameron..

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
nevermind the creature comforts, bring a towell to lay on,get underneath and look at the size of the chassis members,the weld quality,the supporting members of the holding tanks,the routing of the wires through the steel,grommetted or just rubbing on steel...its the chassis first then the creature comforts....some members are only welded on one side,good quality trailers are welded all around the unions....there's more to a good quality trailer than just fancy counters and nice graffics....later,cameron..
well said, i dont like any superlite trailers, they are weak, thay save weight by cutting huge holes in the frame, its not like they are made of titanium or graphite to make them light, they skimp on strength to make them light!

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
I have looked at the GearBoxes by Fleetwood and the Next Gens by Holiday Rambler, they appear to be nice units!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have looked at the GearBoxes by Fleetwood and the Next Gens by Holiday Rambler, they appear to be nice units!
These are both nice units. There are a lot of nice trailers out now days compared to 5 years ago. I have a Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite which is the light version of the Gearbox. They don't skimp on the materials on these trailers to save weight... they used a lot of aluminum which adds to the price. Mines fully insulated for the winters, smooth side, built in pressure washer, fuel station, plumbed for a BBQ, Onan 4k, built in air compressor, Line-x'd ramp dual electric rear beds with a front sleeper, alloy interior, 720 watt surround sound with outdoor speakers, flat panel TV, all LED exterior lighting and constructed with stainless screws unlike many others. Sleeps 6 on a 23' and is 1500 towable... maxed out but I did it last season before the Dmax. Never an issue and love it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
People who couldnt afford a WW or people that own other generic trailers always talk shiat! Just drive out to the desert and tell me how many WW you see over anything else....there is a reason! As for the warranty thing....go read the post over on RF....They are restructuring the company right now...I called and my warranty is still valid I just cant bring it in until Augusat IF i need to do that.....otherwise i can go have warranty work done anywhere I want and they will OK it after this restructing is over. There is no warranty void, they are not going out of buisness. They have been around the longest and still make IMO the best trailers out there. I didnt buy the WW name, I actually shopped around and was honest with myself....the other trailers like attitude and Rag'n are cheaper for a reason!!! WW is the shit.....Quit hating!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
People who couldnt afford a WW or people that own other generic trailers always talk shiat! Just drive out to the desert and tell me how many WW you see over anything else....there is a reason! As for the warranty thing....go read the post over on RF....They are restructuring the company right now...I called and my warranty is still valid I just cant bring it in until Augusat IF i need to do that.....otherwise i can go have warranty work done anywhere I want and they will OK it after this restructing is over. There is no warranty void, they are not oging out of buisness. Theya have been around the longest and still make IMO th ebest trailers out there. I didnt buy the WW name, I actually shopped around and was honest with myself....the other trailers like attitude and Rag'n are cheaper for a reason!!! WW is the shit.....Quit hating!
AND on Big holidays see how many WW service trucks are running around fixing SHiat!! LOL

Not hating, to each his own, but it is bad enough they need to be there to fix stuff all the time? Hmmmmm

Rog

·
Registered
0 Posts
AND on Big holidays see how many WW service trucks are running around fixing SHiat!! LOL

Not hating, to each his own, but it is bad enough they need to be there to fix stuff all the time? Hmmmmm

Rog
yeah my buddy Dan wishes there was an attitude service truck every trip and thats for real....he bought an 07 attitude and its a POS....the genrator was broken ont he first trip and the door is all twisted to shit.....

so your view can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it....Service is needed on everything, and there are some older WW's that need service...I know a guy who has $700K Monaco and he wishes they had a service truck when he was in the dunes!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
People who couldnt afford a WW or people that own other generic trailers always talk shiat! Just drive out to the desert and tell me how many WW you see over anything else....there is a reason! As for the warranty thing....go read the post over on RF....They are restructuring the company right now...I called and my warranty is still valid I just cant bring it in until Augusat IF i need to do that.....otherwise i can go have warranty work done anywhere I want and they will OK it after this restructing is over. There is no warranty void, they are not going out of buisness. They have been around the longest and still make IMO the best trailers out there. I didnt buy the WW name, I actually shopped around and was honest with myself....the other trailers like attitude and Rag'n are cheaper for a reason!!! WW is the shit.....Quit hating!
in my size, small 19ft, WW holds 65gal fresh, mine holds 105, hows that better, its the mercedes of trailers, built great but overpriced, not 1 single warrior has more than a similar eclipse, eclipse copied alot of WW interior designs, so they feel the same inside, you pay another 5k just for the name..
ps. they are all pieces of shit, some just more than others. so joey if your ac or water pump goes out, you cant take it in til august, no guarantee you have it back by halloween. they are so backed up on warranty stuff right now it WILL take monthes to get your rig back. my buddy is one of the few who still has a job at WW, and he says the ship is sinking fast, they had way too big of overhead. oh ya thats why they are called weekend warranty!!!!! seeing them in the desert means jack... they are sheeple!! lol

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
yeah my buddy Dan wishes there was an attitude service truck every trip and thats for real....he bought an 07 attitude and its a POS....the genrator was broken ont he first trip and the door is all twisted to shit.....

so your view can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it....Service is needed on everything, and there are some older WW's that need service...I know a guy who has $700K Monaco and he wishes they had a service truck when he was in the dunes!
attitude now has a service center at dunes edge!!!:clap: he needs to adjust the screws in the door, mine did the same thing, easy fix.. generator beef is with onan or generac, not eclipse..

·
Registered
0 Posts
well I dont know why everyone thinks you have to take your trailer to WW for service? You can take it anywhere that is willing to do the work and most are willing...I was told by WW that i dont have to take it to an authorized dealer, that if the dealer will do the work they will OK it for warranty.

Bottom line is proof is in the pudding...look how many people have WW's over everything else.....they have lots of service vehicles running around and I think that is a huge positive incase something does take a shit which can happen on any and all vehicles including million dollar MH's.....

Like I said, I looked at all of them, there are some really nice trailers out there not made by WW but for me, this was the best one I saw and I looked at all the specs of all of them.....

We will agree to disagree.............SAFTEY MEETING!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
well I dont know why everyone thinks you have to take your trailer to WW for service? You can take it anywhere that is willing to do the work and most are willing...I was told by WW that i dont have to take it to an authorized dealer, that if the dealer will do the work they will OK it for warranty.

Bottom line is proof is in the pudding...look how many people have WW's over everything else.....they have lots of service vehicles running around and I think that is a huge positive incase something does take a shit which can happen on any and all vehicles including million dollar MH's.....

Like I said, I looked at all of them, there are some really nice trailers out there not made by WW but for me, this was the best one I saw and I looked at all the specs of all of them.....

We will agree to disagree.............SAFTEY MEETING!!!
if you dont take it to WW, you have to pay$$ then submit it to WW for re-imbursement, i wouldt trust getting paid back by a company that just laid of over 100 employees!!! PS wanna fight about it? lol

·
Registered
0 Posts
if you dont take it to WW, you have to pay$$ then submit it to WW for re-imbursement, i wouldt trust getting paid back by a company that just laid of over 100 employees!!! PS wanna fight about it? lol
you know I;ll fuck your day up!!!

LOL

Actually you dont have to pay, That is only on things like cushions and shit like that....other warranty work can be submitted by tthe dealership.....Trust me I own one and I am one anal muthafucka! Now go back to tighting nuts and bolts on your weak ass door!

LOL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright it's a tie, you can all piss the farthest...lol I was not looking for specific brand names, just some pitfalls or things that may make life easier be it comfort or structure (mostly structure). I'm not new to trailers I have owned 3 5th wheels just no toy haulers. If your genset goes out that is a problem with the manufacture of the product not the trailer, yes your dealer should take care of it but that doesn't make the entire trailer a POS! There has been some good info so far keep it coming.
Thanks
Rick.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My 23' Nitrous was listed at 40k... I coulda got any comparable 23' WW in that length for the same money. As for the debate "look how many you see in the desert"... thats because people are sheep and misery loves company. Go to Glamisdunes.com and read over the many threads of WW owners getting bent over for warranty work. I love how WW has brought a lot of great ideas to market but when you look at the class action law suits and the frame damage to tow rigs from them lying out their ass on weights it makes you wonder. I read that the actual toungue weight on their 30' is about 1250 lbs! Whats with the new recall how the DOT discovered they are missing marker lights... how do you do that? What about them selling trailers with underated tires standard. Or the fact they use stell screws on the construction that rust out. Here are few threads on WW issues. Enjoy :D

Weekend Warrior Fuel Station Pump Recall - GlamisDunes.com
Weekend Warrior Warranty Is Gone - GlamisDunes.com
Weekend Warrior Class Action Settlement - GlamisDunes.com
Weekend Warrior Issues - GlamisDunes.com
Ww Revised Trailer Info Sticker - GlamisDunes.com
Warrior Roof And Frame Issue(s) - You Should Know About - GlamisDunes.com

·
Registered
119 Posts
28ft Blaze'n/Rage'n here,2004 fiberside with Zero problems. I will defenitly be a repeat customer. I have four kids and all the cabinets are still in place and everything still works like new....

1 - 20 of 67 Posts