Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took me long enough But I finally found the one I wanted . I looked at a few KTMs and was impressed with there weight & Style , But I just could not get over there price . I found this jem all done and read to ride, This guy just got done puttin all the good stuff on and had to sell it. He gave me a great deal and met me in temucla , He drove down from LA , I love that 650 Thump:good:
[/IMG]

Ok Lets go Ridin And yes its a XR650L Street legal. Here I come state park trails:D

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Nice Ride, I am ready, mine are dirt only but they are catchen dust! Bring that to Glamis and i will bring my 450x on the 25th. we will do a night ride to Mamouth wash.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff Guys I think my 650 might be a bit on the heavy side for glamis. I just got back from a 35 mile run majority was dirt , I caught a glimpse of Sutherland lake. Camera phone does it no justice.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
There is a wash road that goes north from Glamis it goes to Mammouth wash 16 miles flat and straight little hills when we get there easy ride. Must have knoobies for this ride.

or ride to the river from Glamis 35 miles by dirt in the washs knoobies only. easy flat 4 gear ride. to Walters camp for a beer and gas and food. Then ride back. I do this one by myself.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Good stuff Guys I think my 650 might be a bit on the heavy side for glamis. I just got back from a 35 mile run majority was dirt , I caught a glimpse of Sutherland lake. Camera phone does it no justice.

[/IMG]
How does this thing run? I forgot to ask?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How does this thing run? I forgot to ask?
It runs very will , the guy before.. me had just installed a new quite pipe from white bros and had it re jeted and installed a k&n to let it breath. it has no problem pullin the front end up , he also put it on a diet from a stock weight of 340 he claims he got it down to around 270 . :good:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nice!!!:good: Im thinking of the KTM Super Enduro 950, that thing is FN sweet!

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
thats a nice ride to take to Cabo! My buddy Cameron rides one all over, he pulls us top end on the dry lakes, we call his the Pig!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can go to youtube and there are A few vids of peeps on those sleds, it definitely has its + s and - es . I wold like to ride one of them :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
The one I seen was just like the 525 with duel exhaust, it sounded mean.

·
Registered
450 Posts
3 of my brothers buddies just got the KTM Super Enduro's... My bro couldn't justify the $$ so he picked up a sick XR650R that is street tagged and has all the mods done that are known weak points on the XR's... that bike is crazy torque'y. The previous owner looks to have dumped quite a bit of money into it for baja type racing/joy rides. My bro has no regrets not getting the KTM and loves his XR. Plus parts are cheap and readily available. The weight is his only complaint. He didn't realize the difference until he rode his friends KTM 525. He said it felt like a 125 and you could throw it around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts